diy solar

diy solar

Battery to inverter.

Kan2

Hello!

My baby just got here a 2000w/4000w inverter and ain't she a beauty. (Probably overkill) Anyways I didn't anticipate the connection from the bank to the inverter, it came with some large guage cables but connection is too big for my battery, how can I solve this issue?

Pics below should give you a better idea.

Any input is appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20191004_173102942.jpg
    IMG_20191004_173102942.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20191004_173038376.jpg
    IMG_20191004_173038376.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 55
Cheap solution use fender washers. Or you could cut off old lug and crimp on new lug with correct hole size.

The 10 guage wire connector is the perfect fit as seen in the picture. But I don't think I could fit that giant wire in there, in pretty new to this pardon my ignorance.

I'd cut the connector and put the correct lug on it.

Or buy the correct cables already made.

Washers will work in a pinch, but not very clean.

Is there large guage connector that goes into size 10 terminal? I can't seem to find any, the ones I've seen/have are only for 12-10 guage wires. If I'm going to do something might as well do it correctly.

Thanks so much, very helpful indeed. I'll see if my local hardware store has them and have it done correctly.
Don't know where you are, but if you're in the US, Tractor Supply has a good selection. Otherwise, an electrical supply.

Hello!

My baby just got here a 2000w/4000w inverter and ain't she a beauty. (Probably overkill) Anyways I didn't anticipate the connection from the bank to the inverter, it came with some large guage cables but connection is too big for my battery, how can I solve this issue?

Pics below should give you a better idea.

Any input is appreciated.
What Ah rating does the battery have? I hope you don’t run anywhere close to 2000 watts from it... likely melt the terminals on the battery...

What Ah rating does the battery have? I hope you don’t run anywhere close to 2000 watts from it... likely melt the terminals on the battery...

I should probably check that. But I bought it larger than I need it simply due to the fact that I'd like to future proof. Ah is 24ah. Only battery I could find that's large enough and cheap enough here in Mexico.

It comparable to the 35ah one Will recommended. Or am I wrong? I don't feel like burning my house down.

You definitely have plenty of inverter for your battery :oops:. As long as you aren't trying to run any loads past the batteries discharge rate you are fine. A 24Ah battery would be ok for charging a phone, laptop etc.

The idea is to put 4 of those in parallel, idk if I'm mistake but that should be okay for this sized inverter, or does it not work that way? Batteries are crazy expensive here in Mexico, to me it seems this battery is the best for ah/price.

The idea is to put 4 of those in parallel, idk if I'm mistake but that should be okay for this sized inverter, or does it not work that way? Batteries are crazy expensive here in Mexico, to me it seems this battery is the best for ah/price.
yeah, if 4 are used, you should be fine.

Thanks everyone! I took your advice and this is how it looks now, I don't have a large guage crimper just yet so I opted for washers but it's much more sturdy and stable than before, I also added the 200a fuse for my new inverter.

Things are looking good.

Attachments

• IMG_20191006_143824402.jpg
    IMG_20191006_143824402.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20191006_143847417.jpg
    IMG_20191006_143847417.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 24
Back