diy solar

diy solar

Boost converter

Yurtdweller

Solar Enthusiast
Can I boost a single[or 2] LiFePo4 cell up to 48v? I'd like to try to run my ebike on LiFePo4 cells. A single EVE lf280k would theoretically provide 17+ah @48v. This would be pretty compact and simple to manage. Would I suffer tragic losses in the conversion? Would a converter of sufficient amperage exist or be price-effective? I might need 40 amps output. I've tried googling, but apparently I don't even know keywords for such a search. I understand that it's best to use a higher-voltage battery for efficiency, but I'm just curious how much of a penalty I would pay for such a gadget. Thanks.

Boosting 3.3v to 48v at 2kW is not trivial and there is no off the self solutions available.
Up to 90% efficiency would be possible if someone like Vicor would be making these.
(48v to 3.3v converter bricks are not that far from 3.3v to 48v converter)

Having said that typical 150w Vicor module is 250 usd and you would need mire than 10 if such product existed.

Boosting 3.3v to 48v at 2kW is not trivial and there is no off the self solutions available.
Up to 90% efficiency would be possible if someone like Vicor would be making these.
(48v to 3.3v converter bricks are not that far from 3.3v to 48v converter)

Having said that typical 150w Vicor module is 250 usd and you would need mire than 10 if such product existed.
I suspected it was like that. Thanks. I guess I'll have to look at higher voltage.

Back