diy solar

diy solar

Break out of metal conduit

outboard1196

What is the correct way to break out of metal conduct housing PV wire , to attach to SCC in this case ? As well as when going from inside to outside , a junction box with a PVC fitting ?

What is the correct way to break out of metal conduct housing PV wire , to attach to SCC in this case ? As well as when going from inside to outside , a junction box with a PVC fitting ?
Code wise, all internal to a home, PV wiring must be protected in metal to the load device, No PVC anywhere in that run allowed.

Most UL listed products accept conduit ran directly to them.

Pv combiner boxes make transitions easy for both the conduit and changing wire types.

Most UL listed products accept conduit ran directly to them.

Pv combiner boxes make transitions easy for both the conduit and changing wire types.
My SCC is a victron 150/70 so it doesn't have metal enclosure with knockouts . should of been more specific.

My SCC is a victron 150/70 so it doesn't have metal enclosure with knockouts . should of been more specific.
Ahh yes, the Victron is not UL listed.
However they do sell an extra "wire box" for those to aid in wiring.
Otherwise i have seen people set them right next to/butt up against raceway.

Ahh yes, the Victron is not UL listed.
However they do sell an extra "wire box" for those to aid in wiring.
Otherwise i have seen people set them right next to/butt up against raceway.
Yes , I was just looking at that attachment .
I don't have to pass an inspection , just trying to be as complaint and safe as possible. Its not in a dwelling but inside .

Back