diy solar

diy solar

Can I use 2 Magnum Hybrid MSH4024RE inverters this way?

meenergy

Can anyone tell me if I'm right in the application of the Magnum Hybrid MSH4024RE 120 volt 4000W Inverter/Charger.

Am I correct in assuming that the 120 volt AC phase input and output of the inverter will always be in phase?
I assume this because it is a hybrid inverter and is assisting the input power so it stands to reason it will stay in phase.

If this is the case would 2 separate MSH4024RE inverters, one on each leg of an American 240ac volt split phase Line 1 and Line 2 also stay in phase allowing 240 volts AC between the output hot legs?

In other words will the 2 separate legs of the 240v each being 120v into 2 separate inverters retains their sync on the outputs?

In other words do I assume correctly that each of the 120ac volt legs going into independent inverters will remain in sync resulting in 240ac volts across the output of Leg 1 inverter and the output of the Leg 2 inverter?

I think the MSH4024RE is not designed to be stacked or paralleled, but I was wondering if the above scenario would work by taking advantage of their hybrid characteristics. Or if one or the other inverters will through an error if stacked this way?

Thank you for your help!

Can anyone tell me if I'm right in the application of the Magnum Hybrid MSH4024RE 120 volt 4000W Inverter/Charger.

Am I correct in assuming that the 120 volt AC phase input and output of the inverter will always be in phase?
I assume this because it is a hybrid inverter and is assisting the input power so it stands to reason it will stay in phase.

If this is the case would 2 separate MSH4024RE inverters, one on each leg of an American 240ac volt split phase Line 1 and Line 2 also stay in phase allowing 240 volts AC between the output hot legs?

In other words will the 2 separate legs of the 240v each being 120v into 2 separate inverters retains their sync on the outputs?

In other words do I assume correctly that each of the 120ac volt legs going into independent inverters will remain in sync resulting in 240ac volts across the output of Leg 1 inverter and the output of the Leg 2 inverter?

I think the MSH4024RE is not designed to be stacked or paralleled, but I was wondering if the above scenario would work by taking advantage of their hybrid characteristics. Or if one or the other inverters will through an error if stacked this way?

Thank you for your help!
If they don’t support paralleling, odds are good the inverter would just output higher wattage, 120v... or let out the magic smoke... best to consult the manufacturer...

Back