diy solar

diy solar

Can somebody help me how to do neutral to ground bonding on POWMR 10.2kw hybrid inverter ?

jculina2012

Hey guys i have powmr off grid hybrid inverter used for mining rig . here is link to manual for this inverter https://powmr.com/products/hybrid-inverter-charger-10200w-200vac-48vdc . How do i do neutral to ground bonding ? do i do that on ac input side or ac output side ? there is fuse box with neutral bus bar and ground bas bar i tried to short these 2 but then inverter was making some wierd noise . i cannot find in manual is this inverter allready ground to neural bonded by default by factory

Last edited:
Hey guys i have powmr off grid hybrid inverter used for mining rig . here is link to manual for this inverter https://powmr.com/products/hybrid-inverter-charger-10200w-200vac-48vdc . How do i do neutral to ground bonding ? do i do that on ac input side or ac output side ? there is fuse box with neutral bus bar and ground bas bar i tried to short these 2 but then inverter was making some wierd noise . i cannot find in manual is this inverter allready ground to neural bonded by default by factory
If you have AC input connected to the grid, it's already bonded.
Do not add another bond. There can only be one.

Turn all breakers off in the panel. At the inverter, Check voltage from neutral to ground and hot to ground. Hot to neutral. If neutral and ground are different then you need to bond them in the breaker panel.

Turn all breakers off in the panel. At the inverter, Check voltage from neutral to ground and hot to ground. Hot to neutral. If neutral and ground are different then you need to bond them in the breaker panel.
i tested voltage . live to neutral 230V, live to ground 0v, ground to neutral 0v. i then connected neutral and ground and then inverter started acting wierd producing wierd noises, still voltage didnt change shows 0v from neutral to ground

Then what did you mean, here?
there is ground input only on ac input side on inverter, on ac output side there is no input for ground only live and neutral. only on inverter housing. so ac input has 1.ground, 2 live, 3 neutral, ac output has 1.live. 2 neutral . Without bond voltages are : Live to neutral 230v. live to ground 0V, ground to neutral 0V, with bond shows same voltages and plus on top of that inverter starts to produce wierd pitch noise

Test at the inverter output.
You have to disconnect the wires from the inverter. Otherwise you are not just testing the inverter.

There is a live chat on that link you posted. Maybe ask the company if neutral is already bonded.

If you have AC input connected to the grid, it's already bonded.
Do not add another bond. There can only be one.

giphy.gif

That's exactly what goes through my mind, every time I say that.
there is no ac input this is off grid inverter for mining rig . And still when everything is disconnected from inverter , neutral to hot is 230v , hot to ground is 0v, neutral to ground is 0v. i called certified electrician to check he said that is normal if there is no ac input connected

Back