diy solar

diy solar

Check strip under glass PV panel

frankz66

Hello everyone, I own 1,080 kwp of panels, in 3s2p configuration.

Cleaning the panels I noticed a smear or line under glass. From the images you can see the strip.

Does anyone know what it is? Is it normal or is it a faulty start?

Attachments

• IMG_5696.JPG
    IMG_5696.JPG
    193.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_5697.JPG
    IMG_5697.JPG
    228.2 KB · Views: 17
scratched or cracked cell shouldn't have any measurable effect on solar harvest
Yes, in fact, the system always produces in the same way. But what I was interested in knowing, given that you know it and know if it is a beginning of failure, or it can happen and therefore should be ignored. Being under warranty I could replace it, but I would like to know what happened, in short, the causes.

Thank you so much for your intervention and answer to the question.

Do multiple solar panels have this line in the same spot?
Looks like a scratch to me if its just one panel.
Hello and thank you for replying. No it's just one, it looks like a scratch but it's under glass or rather with your nails you don't feel it, so it's under the glass. You can also see a very light blue halo. This panel from the beginning had some bus bars of a slightly different color than the same cells, the product had told me that it is normal and can happen during production. The plant is fine in 3s2p I can reach even 1 kwh. As written later being under warranty I can replace it, but if it is normal appearance.I am also curious to know how these inconveniences happen if they can be defined in this way ..... the wind? The rain? The thermal expansion? Or anything else?

Hello and thank you for replying. No it's just one, it looks like a scratch but it's under glass or rather with your nails you don't feel it, so it's under the glass. You can also see a very light blue halo. This panel from the beginning had some bus bars of a slightly different color than the same cells, the product had told me that it is normal and can happen during production. The plant is fine in 3s2p I can reach even 1 kwh. As written later being under warranty I can replace it, but if it is normal appearance.I am also curious to know how these inconveniences happen if they can be defined in this way ..... the wind? The rain? The thermal expansion? Or anything else?
Thermal expansion would be my guess.
Tho, I don't know if I've seen that before.

The finger nail test certainly rules out a crack or scratch on the front in my opinion.

Back