diy solar

diy solar

Clamping along the long module side

mickenorlen

Hi,

I would like to clamp my panels along the long module side as described in the Meyer burger panel installation guide. Maybe just on square metal bars? (not necessarily) What clamps could be suitable for this?
1711578343240.png
In my mind I imagined some kind of C style clamp like below. But I can't find anything in the right dimensions made for PV modules, so I'm guessing there are reliability issues. I tried contacting Meyer burger to see what type of clamps they would suggest for this mounting option. But haven't gotten any response.

1711578553145.jpeg

These are the clamp specifications in the document. https://www.meyerburger.com/fileadm...e/Meyer-Burger_1-0-1_installationguide_en.pdf

1711579166589.png

Thank you for any suggestions!

Btw, I'm looking at the European market

I might just buy the ironridge spacers of the correct thickness and their bolts. Remove the winged insert nuts and drill/tap the steel tube for the right thread. Done, and it will look great.

I might just buy the ironridge spacers of the correct thickness and their bolts. Remove the winged insert nuts and drill/tap the steel tube for the right thread. Done, and it will look great.

Sounds very interesting but I don't really follow what you mean. Could you add some link and/or a photo to help me understand? Thanks!

Back