diy solar

diy solar

Connect 2 Solis hybrid 5g inverters

andyhall50

I have 3kw of panels on my barn roof, connected to a solis 3kw 5g hybrid inverter with 2 pylontec batteries. It is less than 6months old.

I now want to add another 6kw of panels to my house roof.

My electrician thinks that you cannot add another inverter to my current system. Other inverters can be connected to each other but my inverter can't be.

Does anybody have any experience of this or know of a solution. I don't want to get rid of the solis inverter and would prefer to keep it all solis.

Thanks

There isn't an issue with multi-inverters selling energy to the grid, if your question is can the Solis be paralleled on the backup circuit, that is a no for all 5G versions ( RHI 5G HVES is the US one I have a pair of ).

So the additional panels/inverter can sell back energy just fine, but cannot stack for the backup. There is nothing wrong if you have ( add ) more than one backup panel that each panel could connect to one of the Solis units

My electrician thinks that you cannot add another inverter to my current system. Other inverters can be connected to each other but my inverter can't be.

Does anybody have any experience of this or know of a solution. I don't want to get rid of the solis inverter and would prefer to keep it all solis.
The Solis inverter does not inherently communicate with each other to provide a modular system.

However, my understand is that you could have another Solis inverter connected in parallel to the existing Solis Hybrid and the grid (grid-tied).

For simplicity it would be best to have the batteries on just one Solis and the other Solis just generates power from PV. Then, if the batteries are not full and the second Solis is generating more power than you are using the first Solis will use that to charge batteries.

See my posting here that explains that mode of operation in more detail...

I have 3kw of panels on my barn roof, connected to a solis 3kw 5g hybrid inverter with 2 pylontec batteries. It is less than 6months old.

I now want to add another 6kw of panels to my house roof.

Thanks
I have a similar situation, I'm interested to know how you got on with this. Did it work? Any problems or things you wished you'd known at the beginning?

Thanks

I have a similar situation, I'm interested to know how you got on with this. Did it work? Any problems or things you wished you'd known at the beginning?
In your situation you should be fine as only one of your inverters will be a hybrid with batteries and the other one will presumably be a grid tied inverter. That combination is fine. Otherwise, if you want two inverters both with batteries you'd need the new S6-EH1PxK range, which do allow parallel use.

Back