diy solar

diy solar

Cost of shipping from luyuan Technologies? Very high for 4 cells?

EastFalcon

I was looking at prices form vendors and many people recommended Luyuan, but there prices seem well insnae tbh:

$800 for 4 cells and then sales tax and transaction fee? My 280K form 18650batterystore were under $660 delivered. Is the shipping busted on there site? What is everyone paying for shipping from them?

USA stock, free shipping

Check the threads within the past few months about Docan.
Yeah, Docan can be a crapshoot. I got 16 230Ah EVE's from them and they're pretty good. Some folks have not fared as well. The OP was only looking at 4 cells and I was going by my own experience.

Yeah, Docan can be a crapshoot. I got 16 230Ah EVE's from them and they're pretty good. Some folks have not fared as well. The OP was only looking at 4 cells and I was going by my own experience.
I have had zero issues with my 32 230ah from Jenny.
Note I am not supporting Docan. If it is true about the 280 relasering, it seems it is based on evidence here, that's a shady business practice. Just sell them for what they are, still stand behind them if there are issues and people will still buy them. No need to add to the overhead cost of cells to try and fake us.. Sell them cheaper and sell more.
END mini rant.
I will be ordering more 230ah cells from Jenny, I'm holding off for now because I think prices are going to drop, I also want to order 32 all at once this time, now that I know what I am doing and have some trust in the company after 3 orders. (230 ah only).
I would not order 280ah from them.
I wish 18650 battery store shipping wasn't exorbitant for my area or I would have ordered from them multiple times.

Alos OP I thought you said you did not like the 280k?

I need to make 2 batteries, I already made 1 with the 280K so the other one would need to be a 280K as well. Knowing what I know now, I would have gone with the grade A REPT 280.

USA stock, free shipping

No thanks seen enough about Docan to stay far away from them.

So after some back and forth it turns out it would be about $39/cell for shipping. All said and done it came out to $722 for 4 cells shipped and a 45-60 day wait from luyuan.

Ordering 4 from 18650batterystore and another v4 heated kit from Sun Fun Kits.

I don't have a good experience with Luyuan.
I ordered 16 Grade B EVE cells in February 02 + case and BMS.
It arrived in 120 days instead of the promised 50 days, one of the cells is damaged, but basically they haven't responded to my message since I signaled. The housing arrived deformed, I fixed it... and the negative connector was broken.

I just placed yet another order with Luyuan for 8 more 280AH cells, JK BMS and a few bits like 4awg Silicone wire etc.
The Cost for shipping to me in Rural Canada is $307 (UPS). $ are in USD.

The online Quote Tool is not much use on Alibaba, it's a "guesstimator". You have to open a Chat/Messenger session with Amy to get a proper quote for shipping to YOUR Location.

I just received 16 Eve LG280K from 18650 battery. I could only charge to 57v (3.56v/cell), the limit on the chargeverter, and the jk bms was able to top balance in a few hours. Didn't need to get a power supply to parallel balance. The pack discharged 278.7 amps per the victron shunt before the lowest cell hit 2.5v. The one weak cell probably would have made it the extra Amp if i was able to get it to 3.65v.

I just received 16 Eve LG280K from 18650 battery. I could only charge to 57v (3.56v/cell), the limit on the chargeverter, and the jk bms was able to top balance in a few hours. Didn't need to get a power supply to parallel balance. The pack discharged 278.7 amps per the victron shunt before the lowest cell hit 2.5v. The one weak cell probably would have made it the extra Amp if i was able to get it to 3.65v.
The only time that cells need to be Top Balanced & Top Charged to 3.650Vpc is when New &/OR after they have been in storage for any period of time which is to awaken the cells and activate the electrolytes. LFP always settles (nature of the chemistry) and will never stay above the working voltage range for long. LFP is rated so as to deliver the Rated deliverable AH from saturated cells between 3.000-3.400 Volts per cell. Where "saturated" means the cells have reached Endamps Value which for 280AH cells is 14A.

Luyuan Is a good source and price competitive for large cell orders like 32 cells, under this amount it is cheaper to buy grade A 280K from 18650batterystore. Sun Fun kits is on par with Luyuan for 16-32 cells and under once you factor in shipping cost. Currentconnected has some grade A CALB cells but they are overpriced. All 3 of these places have good delivery time and returns would be easier should an issue arise. However, these 3 places are only viable for North America so for many other parts of the world Luyuan is still the only option if you want real grade A cells.

Back