diy solar

diy solar

custom made battery box for eve LF280K cells

the idea is you bring just only your cells, nothing more . I believe the prototype will cost me around 500 $ with BMS, Yes I'am pretty sure we're close to not worth to build it yourself bcoz 1300 US $ 48V 100Ah battery are already widely available.
I'd be in for a well-made housing w/bms at $500 - that'd be a major time saver.

The big two factors would be strength of construction (as others noted, a 16S 280K pack is HEAVY - those handles better not break!) and quality of the terminals (Seplos BMS is good for 200a, so better be able to run that through without melting something).

This souldn't be rocket science, i sell hard drive enclosures for enterprise datacenter with 106 harddrives in, they are 127kg/280lb fully loaded and you can grab them with one handle ;)

I'd be in for a well-made housing w/bms at $500 - that'd be a major time saver.

The big two factors would be strength of construction (as others noted, a 16S 280K pack is HEAVY - those handles better not break!) and quality of the terminals (Seplos BMS is good for 200a, so better be able to run that through without melting something).
yep the flexible busbar and terminal are update to handle 200A

I was told 450$ per unit incl 200A Seplos BMS and Display plus shipping 4.6$/kg to Germany by sea. Each set is 30kg. Orderable in a few w3eks

How much did it cost you? Without design fees
hahaha, may be should I ask to share the design fee :). you should expect something around 500 $ with the BMS, cables and everything except the cells. I don't know yet if bus bar are included. People have their own choice for bus bar. anyway seplos going to communicate when it is ready for sale.

hahaha, may be should I ask to share the design fee :). you should expect something around 500 $ with the BMS, cables and everything except the cells. I don't know yet if bus bar are included. People have their own choice for bus bar. anyway seplos going to communicate when it is ready for sale.
given that a seplos bms costs about 220, i would consider that a very good value .

might actually be interested in one, just without the bms, already have those.

by the looks of it, i think this could house the 304 cells too

given that a seplos bms costs about 220, i would consider that a very good value .

might actually be interested in one, just without the bms, already have those.

by the looks of it, i think this could house the 304 cells too
I'am not sure, I didn't anticipate it to be usable with 304 cells, I had to send them the 280Ah eve cells. but if enough people are really interested in 304Ah cells support, it is doable, but I won't be the only one paying for the the design fee again :) .

Anyway let's wait and see for the current design :)

Last edited:
I'am not sure, I didn't anticipate it to be usable with 304 cells, I had to send them the 280Ah eve cells. but if enough people are really interested in 304Ah cells support, it is doable, but I won't be the only one paying for the the design fee again :) .

If enough people are interested to share the design fee for a 304Ah cells box, or for an update of the existing design to support both 280Ah and 304Ah cells, it is doable. its not expensive but we have to send them the 280Ah and 304Ah cells.

Anyway let's wait and see for the current design :)
i'd be happy for the box for the 280's too :)
so this is a seplos design ?

seplos already selling it for 450
but they refused to sell with without the bms

That does not look portable and does not have handles. For me, I’d need to be able to easily take it out of the RV during bad weather for storage in a climate controlled area. Removal would be a two person lift with the batteries alone bring just shy of 200 LBS.

I would have paid $500 for a two battery 8S pack with 16 cells to make 24 volt batteries when I assembled my cells. What a pain making my own case was.

Bad weather in Arizona is 4 months of 110 degree sun shiny weather.

That does not look portable and does not have handles.
The first posts in this thread show the 3d concept rendering and there do appear to be two handles on each side of the unit? We cant see the sides in the photograph, but there does appear to be room for those inset handles shown in the concept.

You'd definitely need two people for the lift.

That does not look portable and does not have handles. For me, I’d need to be able to easily take it out of the RV during bad weather for storage in a climate controlled area. Removal would be a two person lift with the batteries alone bring just shy of 200 LBS.

I would have paid $500 for a two battery 8S pack with 16 cells to make 24 volt batteries when I assembled my cells. What a pain making my own case was.

Bad weather in Arizona is 4 months of 110 degree sun shiny weather.
there are 2 handles on each side of course, hmmm, this is design to be stationary only, I won't put cells that size in an RV, its a lot better to have more battery with smaller cells in an RV.

I agree. Does it come with fuse or over-current protection?

Back