diy solar

diy solar

Daly BMS with temperature protection

Woggs1

YouTube Video

Thanks Steve, looks like Will is WAY ahead of me on this (as usual). So I guess I will wait until he tests the one the DailyBMS company claimed had low temp protection. The interesting thing about the listing I linked to is that this particular BMS seems to have a sensor that their other listings do not have:

Daly BMS Temp sensor.jpg

also, I got the following reply:

BMS Answer.jpg

I'm probably going with a DIY Lifepo4 battery pack and a 2424lv all-in-one controller in my RV, so if I ever go to a place that gets below freezing I need a BMS with low temp cutoff.

Would seem its only the 10A Daly thats available with "Lipo Cell temperature sensor bms"

Just tested the latest daly bms with temp sensor that states on data sheet that it has low temp cut off, and it does not work. Maybe it is defective, but I tried to trigger it all night. Really disappointed. The bms arrived today and I was so excited. Low temp cut off did not work and I verified with other temp meter.

I am working on a very long video covering the bms tests, but I summarized what you need to know here:

I am working on a very long video covering the bms tests, but I summarized what you need to know here:

just after i order a Daly 200A separate port too, although I think I need 200A one more than i need low temp cutoff in my off grid van for UK use, and that one you suggest is only 100A. I have seen your workaround with a 220A Victron battery disconnect, and that's a piece of tech I already have, and was planning to feed the inverter through to save heat in the BMS.

Back