diy solar

diy solar

DC amp clamp that will record usage over period of time.

carl2591

Was hoping to find a low cost DC amp clamp or sensor with monitor that will record amp draw over a period of time up to like 7 days..

anything come to mind.. link if you have it..

I use IotaWatt for my home. No 3rd party required, has wifi, stores all the data, and I can access it from my phone, tablet or desktop.

Very easy to install.

I've had it for almost a year and absolutely love it. Worth every penny.

Attachments

• 20221201_195615.jpg
    20221201_195615.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 17
was trying to figure a way to measure DC amp draw on a 12v refrigerator in RV over a period of days to see that normal amp draw is to make sure we have enough solar and lithium Ah's.. currently there is 560 watts on roof but only 20 amp CC and i have another 335 panel on top of pickup with seperate CC for that high voltage system..

When the unit is running and i measure with standard amp clamp I see 3 -4 amp draw but not sure how long it runs or how many time it cycles during the day.. Currently in central FL the temps are cool at night and for the next couple day in the mid 80 to low 90's.. record heat they say. (summers going to be a fricken bear here) I do have a shunt on my overall system but that counts all the loads not just reefer..

was trying to figure a way to measure DC amp draw on a 12v refrigerator in RV over a period of days to see that normal amp draw is to make sure we have enough solar and lithium Ah's.. currently there is 560 watts on roof but only 20 amp CC and i have another 335 panel on top of pickup with seperate CC for that high voltage system..

When the unit is running and i measure with standard amp clamp I see 3 -4 amp draw but not sure how long it runs or how many time it cycles during the day.. Currently in central FL the temps are cool at night and for the next couple day in the mid 80 to low 90's.. record heat they say. (summers going to be a fricken bear here) I do have a shunt on my overall system but that counts all the loads not just reefer..
How about something like this?
It says 20 amps I would say 10 but I have had good luck with these.
Actually they are the only thing that I've ever purchased from Drok that didn't suck.

Back