diy solar

diy solar

Deye 5 k vs SRNE 5.5k - quality

oglark

Hi all, I am looking to buy mid- sized invertor to run an emergency load panel. I have pretty much narrowed it down to Deye 5K (if they will ship to Canada, not sure if SolArk exclusivity is for all North America) and SRNE 5.5 Kor one of their clones. The Deye seems to be more expensive but has split phase which is attractive for the flexibility to run a 240v appliance (electric oven) if required.

Does anyone have experience with these two brands. Is there a significant difference in build quality or ease of use?

I don't have a Deye, maybe someday...
I have 0 complaints or regrets with my SRNE purchase.
They do have split phase models and some of the 5kw models can be combined for split phase.
More info on my SRNE here (it might overkill for an emergency panel but the price seems to be coming down based on other members reports) :

I don't have a Deye, maybe someday...
I have 0 complaints or regrets with my SRNE purchase.
They do have split phase models and some of the 5kw models can be combined for split phase.
More info on my SRNE here (it might overkill for an emergency panel but the price seems to be coming down based on other members reports) :
Actually, it was your post and the feedback on the Voltronics units that lead me to consider SRNE in the first place. I am just not sure I need 10k and I can't find the 8k units in stock.

I have 2 5K Deye running for 3 years now and no problems.
Some rumors going around that the agreement with solark for the 5K and 8K is no more and they are actually offered at Ali rebranded as Sunpal. and some as Deye.

I think it’s reasonable to cross shop SRNE and voltronics.
Imo it seems a bit ambitious to compare them to the 18kpv luxpower/eg4 unit or any of the solarks.

That’s not to say I don’t have high hopes. My SRNE 10kw unit weighs like 65lbs. Most voltronics are substantially less. (Like half)
But I think even the solark 8k weighs 80lbs. The 15k and eg4 are over 100lbs (also larger capacity)

Anyways, what I’m getting at is that those units still offer some features not found on the more budget versions. And also seem very well made all things considered. And Companies are betting the house on these products to succeed.

We are ordering stuff from Alibaba and white label vendors in comparison. We are also spending 1/4 the price. Which puts them more in line with the voltronics type units, and imo they are not only built better than those units, they are actually cheaper too.

I just don’t know if we are yet at the junction of these being in the conversation of whole home grid tied depending on no back feed and giant amperage pass through comparisons quite yet (not that you were, I’ve just seen a similar question asked more than once in the last 2 weeks)

Fwiw Sungold currently has the 8kw variant in stock for ~1450

I think it’s reasonable to cross shop SRNE and voltronics.
Imo it seems a bit ambitious to compare them to the 18kpv luxpower/eg4 unit or any of the solarks.

That’s not to say I don’t have high hopes. My SRNE 10kw unit weighs like 65lbs. Most voltronics are substantially less. (Like half)
But I think even the solark 8k weighs 80lbs. The 15k and eg4 are over 100lbs (also larger capacity)

Anyways, what I’m getting at is that those units still offer some features not found on the more budget versions. And also seem very well made all things considered. And Companies are betting the house on these products to succeed.

We are ordering stuff from Alibaba and white label vendors in comparison. We are also spending 1/4 the price. Which puts them more in line with the voltronics type units, and imo they are not only built better than those units, they are actually cheaper too.

I just don’t know if we are yet at the junction of these being in the conversation of whole home grid tied depending on no back feed and giant amperage pass through comparisons quite yet (not that you were, I’ve just seen a similar question asked more than once in the last 2 weeks)

Fwiw Sungold currently has the 8kw variant in stock for ~1450
I take your point. My thinking was that the Deye version is about 50-60% the cost of a SolArk and the only major change is the firmware/app. For my first inverter I was leaning towards SRNE over Voltronics, based on the enthusiastic comments in the forum BUT the potential upgrade in quality represented by a Deye 5k for ~$1000 more has me questioning my logic.

Edit: I thought Sungold sold Voltronics based inverters.

I take your point. My thinking was that the Deye version is about 50-60% the cost of a SolArk and the only major change is the firmware/app. For my first inverter I was leaning towards SRNE over Voltronics, based on the enthusiastic comments in the forum BUT the potential upgrade in quality represented by a Deye 5k for ~$1000 more has me questioning my logic.

Edit: I thought Sungold sold Voltronics based inverters.
Sungold sells both voltronics as well as SRNE inverters. Just have to be keen on which model you select.

Your argument about the deye is fair, I forget how much cheaper they are

Are Sunsunk inverters available in your country? They are a Deye inverter but appear to have a few 'tweaks' including an ever improving app.

quite a few youtube videos on them, going back for 2 or 3 years, as they are an english speaking company, you may be able to present your needs to them and they maybe able to respond a bit clearer than someone who isnt a native english speaker?

Some rumors going around that the agreement with solark for the 5K and 8K is no more and they are actually offered at Ali rebranded as Sunpal. and some as Deye.
I contacted Sunpal yesterday, and they told me that they don't/won't have it.

Are Sunsunk inverters available in your country? They are a Deye inverter but appear to have a few 'tweaks' including an ever improving app.

quite a few youtube videos on them, going back for 2 or 3 years, as they are an english speaking company, you may be able to present your needs to them and they maybe able to respond a bit clearer than someone who isnt a native english speaker?
I thought Sunsync was L-N single phase 230V. OP needs split phase 120/240. And the exclusivity covers the latter config (with I think the 230V ones hard-locked to 230V). Also SunSync would not be code compliant to use in US/Canada

are they running in parallel?

Back