diy solar

diy solar

Deye 6kw CT location, distance

Hi guys, seem to have posted only my sketch.
I am just after some info if this setup would be OK.
I want to run house number 2 as inverter backup load and house number one as house load/ grid out load.
The distance I would need to put the CT is around 30m from the inverter.
Would this kind of distance be OK with cat6 cable extension to the CT?
I'm hoping running like this house 2 will have power always with excess production being sent to house 1, house one will have no power during blackout of course.
Am I looking at this correctly?

30m to the CT ought to be no issue (does the inverter manual have a distance limit?) using 4 cores of the Cat-6 per side, although I'd probably use a 2-core flex (maybe 1.0 or 1.5mm2) rather than the Cat-6, keep it reasonably separated from the power cables.

What you have drawn should function as you expect.

Thanks, can't find any info on cable length in the deye manual.
Apparently Sunsynk recommends no greater than 20m.
I did find this video which is interesting...

I have done 35 meters with deye ct. What you should do is buy 2 strings of min .75 mm2 copper multi threaded wire (2 colors). You must twist them manually (It is hard to find twisted wires). So basically you must use same or more sq. Mm wire as in deye ct coil. If you do not twist them it may get affeted by the neighboring wires and may not get the correct voltage and current on the inverter side. Deye would say 10 meters but my 35 meter wires are working fine so far. Do not use cat or any hard cable.

When I was considering Deye/Sunsynk I thought there is also an option to use an Eastron power meter and just have the Deye/Sunsynk use the power data from the Easton sent over an RS485 data link, rather than have a directly connected CT. If that is an option with your Deye, then it could be worth considering if interference of signal over 30m turns out to be problematic. You could then repurpose of the CAT6 to transmit the RS485 signal.

When I was considering Deye/Sunsynk I thought there is also an option to use an Eastron power meter and just have the Deye/Sunsynk use the power data from the Easton sent over an RS485 data link, rather than have a directly connected CT. If that is an option with your Deye, then it could be worth considering if interference of signal over 30m turns out to be problematic. You could then repurpose of the CAT6 to transmit the RS485 signal.
you can use Chint or Eastron

i personally use a Eastron, which is located over 100m away from the inverters

Well yes I figure they do but they are not replying to emails, that's why I asked here.

That is a different inverter with 4 pin plug for RS485.
The SGO3 (which I have) uses an RJ45 connection so 4 possible pairs, I'm assuming 2 pairs are used one for A and one for B on the meter but there is no where in the manual stating which pairs, no where I can find at least.

Deye is not replying any e-mails unfortunately. This is not the way to handle small issues such as this.

Back