diy solar

diy solar

Deye Hybrid 10K-SG04LP3-EU missing solar energy data

mitko25

Hello. I have a small problem, otherwise I have a solar power plant at home with a 17K solaredge inverter. I recently purchased a deye hybrid inverter SUN 10K-SG04LP3-EU with 3xCFE-5100 battery. The problem is that I don't have data on the deye inverter about how much energy the solar power plant produces. But I have information from the energy meter about how much energy the house uses and how much energy goes into the battery and then into the grid. I wonder if I can somehow add data to the Deye inverter about how much the solar power plant produces from the Solaredg inverter?

Did you connect the Solar Edge to the aux/gen/smart port of the deye, and did you connect the ct's close to point where your grid is coming into your home ?

Did you connect the Solar Edge to the aux/gen/smart port of the deye, and did you connect the ct's close to point where your grid is coming into your home ?
houseofancients, thanks for your reply. I'm confused because I don't know where this port is located in the Deye inverter? So I have to physically connect the Solaredge and Deye inverters together?

houseofancients, thanks for your reply. I'm confused because I don't know where this port is located in the Deye inverter? So I have to physically connect the Solaredge and Deye inverters together?
You can, depending on your setup maybe you should..
If you want to form a micro grid, so that Solar Edge will keep producing when the grid is down, it may be a good idea

Ct's are they connected ?
These are measuring devices that will tell the inverter was goes in and out to the grid

You can, depending on your setup maybe you should..
If you want to form a micro grid, so that Solar Edge will keep producing when the grid is down, it may be a good idea

Ct's are they connected ?
These are measuring devices that will tell the inverter was goes in and out to the grid
Hello.
Ct's are connected, I am sending a picture of the connection in the attachment.
To explain my problem again. A solar power plant, which is connected to the grid, is connected to the Solaredge inverter. So, if I connect Solar Edge's inverter to the Deye's inverter via the gen port, how will the Deye inverter "know" when the electricity is generated on the modules (then it should charge the battery) and when it draws it from the network, as the Dey inverter draws it now, when it is not the sun outside and charging the battery.

Attachments

• IMG_0254.jpg
    IMG_0254.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 5
Hello.
Ct's are connected, I am sending a picture of the connection in the attachment.
To explain my problem again. A solar power plant, which is connected to the grid, is connected to the Solaredge inverter. So, if I connect Solar Edge's inverter to the Deye's inverter via the gen port, how will the Deye inverter "know" when the electricity is generated on the modules (then it should charge the battery) and when it draws it from the network, as the Dey inverter draws it now, when it is not the sun outside and charging the battery.
From the picture you don't seem to have any PV connected (that's fine). Also how could Deye know what your Solar Edge is producing when it's not connected to it? At least I see only GRID being connected. IF CT's are properly connected Deye can only see how much power is imported or exported to grid.

If you want Deye to know Solar Edge's production you should connect SE output directly to Deye GEN-port. Deye has internal CTs too, so it can tell what is coming through GEN port (or any other port). You need to enable microinverter from GENERATOR MENU to make it safe as there are reasons for it, I just have no time to explain it now. Maybe later today.

My Deye12K can only take 12kW power through GEN port so probably Deye10K is maxed at 10kW? If your SE can send more than 10kW then maybe some PV should be taken from SE and wire it directly to Deye. My Deye12K can take 12kW of PV and and additional 12kW of AC power (=AC coupling) through GEN port so 24kW PV max AC coupled. I bet Deye10K can do 10kW+10kW=20kW.

Back