diy solar

diy solar

Deye Hybrid 6kW not charging the battery from other grid-tied inverters

CidiRome

Hello.

I have a bit of a peculiar configuration, but I believe that it should work correctly, yet I can't manage to make it work.

This is the simple design of my installation:

image.png.ad283053d6ccaf0622d76526fc169c4f.png

In the Home Load side of the Deye inverter there are 2 micro-inverters (1 GoodWe 2500xs and 1 APS 500).

The hybrid Deye inverter and battery are installed in a semi permanent way in my current home and I installed them next to the electrical board.
The two micro-inverters are installed in the attic and have very difficult access, so I don't want to mess with the current installation as I plan to sell this home and leave the micro-inverters and panels installed, taking the new Deye inverter and battery with me.

So, the Deye inverter has no panels connected to it.
The issue I'm having is, no matter what I configure, I cannot avoid the generated energy from the old inverters to flow to the grid instead of charging the battery.
One way I found to charge the battery was to manually force the charging from the grid, but that way I cannot balance the charging power with solar production. Another way I found was was to disconnect the Deye from the GRID and it charges the battery as expected, both are not solutions.

I believe that there may be a firmware bug here, but I didn't find where to download the firmwares on the Deye site to compare with the version I have and maybe check the list of fixes.

Note: the CT is installed, but I understand that it shouldn't be necessary as the GRID input of the inverter is directly connected without any other connections in-between to the GRID.

Do you have any ideas on how to overcome my problem, preferably without doing any re-wiring?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Yes, I found it.

Yet as you said, it is in the Smart Load section that is related to the GEN port... Taking in account that I don't have anything connected to the GEN port, I did't think it would affect this specific behavior.
Tomorrow, let's see how it goes during the day...

Thanks for the help.

Cheers.

@DIYrich

Thank you very much for the tip, it seem that setting that option, even without nothing connected to the GEN port, resolved my issue.

Option AC Couple On Load Side set to Enable.

Cheers.

I have a Deye 6Kw inverter with 4,68Kw solar panels, battery box 15Kw, home is connect to load port.
Deye is connected to the grid in the.. grid port :)
On the grid side, i have already a Grid tie Solaredge SE6000H with 6kw of panels, this is the firs old solar system that we have install and it is the one that officially can sell power to the grid (6kw)
Now i would like to use that Solaredge system to help charging the battery so i suppose to connect the old solaredge system to the gen port of the Deye to do that.
But as i can see in your post, if i keep my current setup and check AC Couple On GRID Side, may be the power generated from the solaredge connected to the grid may flow to the Deye and charge the battery?

But as i can see in your post, if i keep my current setup and check AC Couple On GRID Side, may be the power generated from the solaredge connected to the grid may flow to the Deye and charge the battery?
You would need to add CT's (between Meter and Solaredge), so the Deye can see how much power is being exported. It can then determine how fast it can charge the batteries to net zero in/out of power through the Meter.

Back