diy solar

diy solar

Deye inverter harmonics/UPS buzzing/humming

I was wrong. I ran each of them alone, they work as they should. No issues at all.
I think its a software issue in parallel mode and i am checking with deye if the software can be rolled back(i have the firmware files).

I've linked the whole issue to 1 of the inverters. It was running hotter than the rest during the cold night, taking 200w more than it is feeding, and producing a weird a high pitched noise.
I think it is damaged due to how bad the parallel system starts/stop (one inverter at a time, not all 3 simultaneously) so it ran all the load for a second before the other 2 kicked in to carry their parts.
That does sound like an issue. It very well could be damaged. I wonder if the bypass relay has seized.

i noticed that the master inverter controls the output of all slaves. so it asks the slaves to increase or decrease power output while the master handles the small fluctuation in the final wave form. this wasn't working correctly because the master is further down the wire than the 2 slaves.

Its been 24 hours since i set the inverter closest to the distribution panel as Master, the issue comes and goes.

Deye really needs to put more efforts into their user manuals and support.

Last edited:
What distance between the master and slaves where we talking about here?
I have around 50cm between each.
The thing is now the master is closest to the distribution board.
Anyway the issue is back after using single phase power tools. I think those caused the issue altogether.
Further investigation to follow tomorrow.

That does sound like an issue. It very well could be damaged. I wonder if the bypass relay has seized.
I found a YouTube videon of a deye rebrand called LionEnergy. The inverter produced the same buzzing issue and it was diagnosed as bad relay.
Now i wonder how can i repair it.

I found a YouTube videon of a deye rebrand called LionEnergy. The inverter produced the same buzzing issue and it was diagnosed as bad relay.
Now i wonder how can i repair it.
Just re solder a replacement onto the board.
If you are comfortable doing it.

Update: been 10 days since i decided to let the issue sit until deye figures it out through the videos, photos, and data i sent them. The vibrations are still heard but with much less amplitude. This might be due to an update performed by Deye. They also sent mysterious instructions to the inverters, they wouldn't elaborate further, but it is supposed to fix a F17 error that happens when off-grid, under load, and batteries fully charged. The upcoming days will reveal if its truly fixed.

I have the same inverted but from Deye. I didn't investigate noise but I hear low freq noise from PC UPS connected to inverter backup

Late update:
A storm is hitting my area, this has led the inverters to run cold (inverter temperature dropped below 35C), its the equivalent of turning them off for 10 minutes. As a result the buzzing is gone and the inverter self consumption is dropped back to rated levels(they consume up to 100w per inverter when UPSs buzz)
I'm rethinking about cheap relays again.

Back