diy solar

diy solar

Difference between 2x120v and 120v Victron Multiplus II 3000va Inverter/Charger

OTRwSolar

Solar Enthusiast
Trying to fully understand the difference between the two different model Victron Multiplus II 3000va inverter/chargers. Pricing appears similar for both.

Noticed the 2x120v model has an extra "L2" terminal for the AC in and both AC outs that the 1x120v model does not. I believe this "L2" terminal supports AC pass-thru for items that will/should not be powered by the inverter??

I also believe the 2x120v, not only supports standard 120v operation, but also supports 240v split-phase operation, along with 50a RV support, too.

In a nutshell, I get the impression the 2x120v model will do everything the 1x120v model will do and more. With pricing very similar, it would seem the 2x120v is the smarter choice if there's even a remote chance you may change applications in the future.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Last edited:
The 2x120 volt supports pass thru of two AC lines, or will combine the 2 ac lines when not connected to the grid, to supply power, 120volts only, to loads connected to both output lines. No support for 240volts. The 2x120 is designed for 50amp RVs, which don't have 240volt loads(most rvs), but have 120volt loads distributed across the split phases.

Back