diy solar

diy solar

Dimmable leds

No. AC dimmer switches rely on switching further and further along the AC sine wave to dim a dimmable LED lamp. It won't work with DC lamps.

Depending on the circuit design of the 12V lamps it may be possible to dim them by supplying lower input voltage. LEDs are more current oriented than voltage oriented so varying the voltage and letting the current follow can result in lights that don't dim smoothly instead they jump around a bit in brilliance.

No. AC dimmer switches rely on switching further and further along the AC sine wave to dim a dimmable LED lamp. It won't work with DC lamps.

Depending on the circuit design of the 12V lamps it may be possible to dim them by supplying lower input voltage. LEDs are more current oriented than voltage oriented so varying the voltage and letting the current follow can result in lights that don't dim smoothly instead they jump around a bit in brilliance.

Ok thank you, Found 2 on Amazon that say 12 and 24 volt but horrible designs in my opinion. Thanks again

There are dimmable 120vac LED bulbs. You have to look on box labelling for specifically stating it is dimmable capable.

Not too hard to find.

A 12v LED string that just uses a ballast resistors would need a variable 12 vdc supply. A buck switching converter would work.

A 12v LED with an electronic ballast may or may not depending on electronic ballast design.

Last edited:
There are dimmable 120vac LED bulbs. You have to look on box labelling for specifically stating it is dimmable capable.

Not too hard to find.

A 12v LED string that just uses a ballast resistors would need a variable 12 vdc supply. A buck switching converter would work.

A 12v LED with an electronic ballast may or may not depending on electronic ballast design.

Sorry forgot to say the lights will be hooked up to a 12 volt battery , I blew my stimulus check on a Battleborn

Back