diy solar

diy solar

DIY Solar Blue Print # 4 Les The Solar

OTownFordTransit

Hello,

I am fairly new to DIY solar/charge conversions. I am in the midst of doing a DIY removable charge box in my van conversion. I have two 100ah Gel batterys (in parallel) from Renogy along with a 1000w pure sine wave inverter. As of right now I do not plan on running any solar to my build (could change in the future). I have one question in particular when coming from my starter battery's in my Ford Transit XLT 350. Should I go with a DC-DC 20amp or 40amp charge controller or should I go with DC to DC W/MPPT controller? Should I run a circuit breaker inline from the starter battery to the controller or a fuse? Both?? My idea is to be able to remove the box I build to take inside during freezing temps in winter or to have more room when not needed. By adding the circuit breaker inline from the starter battery to the charge controller will this allow me to cut all power from my starter battery so I can disconnect and take the charge box and everything else out of the van?

In the blue print for #4 is it necessary to have the yellow 70A circuit breaker since I do not plan on solar right now? Can I run wire from the charge controller with a circuit breaker in line to the inverter and have my fuse wire coming off of one single point?

Any help is appreciated

Thank you.

Back