diy solar

diy solar

EG4 18 kPV Smart Monitor Issue

Tx AC/DC

We got my solar system installed this past week and I had a heck of a time getting my Smart Monitor to connect to my LAN via wifi. The EG4 app works live when I am connected to the dongle hot spot but nothing comes up when I am on my local network. I can connect to the EG4 Smart Monitor and the MICO setup page from within my network. The dongle has an IP address assigned in my network but it does not provide any data to my smart Monitor or the app if I connect from within my network. I am frustrated trying to figure this out but at least I finally got the dongle to connect to my network. Any ideas?

We got my solar system installed this past week and I had a heck of a time getting my Smart Monitor to connect to my LAN via wifi. The EG4 app works live when I am connected to the dongle hot spot but nothing comes up when I am on my local network. I can connect to the EG4 Smart Monitor and the MICO setup page from within my network. The dongle has an IP address assigned in my network but it does not provide any data to my smart Monitor or the app if I connect from within my network. I am frustrated trying to figure this out but at least I finally got the dongle to connect to my network. Any ideas?
What's a smart monitor?

Any chance you can connect to the dongle hotspot and view the setting pages. Should be admin admin.

Is this a replacement dongle?

When connected to the dongle directly the ip maybe 10.10.10.1

EG4 has a web interface that you can see on your laptop or computer called the EG4 Smart Monitor.
I have reset the dongle and then reentered all of the parameters sent to me by EG4 and the web interface works for a while. It worked today for a long while but with bands of rain coming in from the tropical storm my Starling internet connection falls out and I am guessing that the dongle looks for another server to connect to and then it fails. I cannot continue to diagnose with the stormy conditions. Tomorrow I will reset everything and see if it works but EG4 suspects that it is possible that my dongle is defective and so they are sending out a new one. I'll get this darn thing to work!

EG4 has a web interface that you can see on your laptop or computer called the EG4 Smart Monitor.
I have reset the dongle and then reentered all of the parameters sent to me by EG4 and the web interface works for a while. It worked today for a long while but with bands of rain coming in from the tropical storm my Starling internet connection falls out and I am guessing that the dongle looks for another server to connect to and then it fails. I cannot continue to diagnose with the stormy conditions. Tomorrow I will reset everything and see if it works but EG4 suspects that it is possible that my dongle is defective and so they are sending out a new one. I'll get this darn thing to work!
How far away is your 18Kpv from your internet source (wifi)?

Eureka! I finally figured out this issue of my dongle dropping off of my Wifi after only a couple of minutes of hooking it up. I kept on trying to figure out the problem and during one of the resets of my dongle I noticed that I was on Channel 11 of my 2.4 GH network. My Orbi mesh network had channel 11 set for 2.4 GHz so I thought that maybe something on that particular channel was knocking it offline. I changed the channel to another channel and voila! It is now a solid connection and I am able to monitor my soar energy system from anywhere in my house. I am thrilled. I went live on my solar system today after it passed inspection at 1:30 pm. The solar panels generated 63.8 kW from 1:30 to now. I'm very excited with how things are turning out. Have a sun-shiny day everyone, I hope that this thread helps someone having the same issue that I had.

Last edited:
Back