diy solar

diy solar

EG4 3000 EHV-48 fan noise

kwest364

Looking to potentially buy EG4 3000 EHV-48 all in one.

Does fan run constantly? Even with no loads? I've heard the fan runs constantly vs only on when it heats up from loads and needs to cool down. Anyone confirm this?

How loud are inverter and charge controller fans? It will be in skoolie build, so I'd like it quiet as possible.

The fans run all the time. Just much less when there is little to no power coming in or being used.

If you have full PV coming in you can definitely hear the inverter. It depends on the space and what you want out of it. A Victron setup would be quieter and more efficient. Also it would have a much lower minimum voltage for the PV. But it does take up more space because of all the separate hardware in a Victron setup vs an AIO inverter like the eg4 3k.

How loud are fans when idling?

Would sleep be disturbed sleeping in back 20ft away?

Would it drive me crazy and unable to think if I'm sitting near it?

But if you like to sleep in after the sun comes up, and the sun is intermittent with clouds the fan noise will cycle up and down.

I have become accustomed to the fan speeding up and slowing down for charging/load current. One thing that worries me is the air blows down against convection heat flow. If the fan fails this unit would self destruct in short order. There are two fans and they look like it would take some effort to replace them. I wouldn't mind having a spare set on hand. Anybody have a part number for the fans?

Back