diy solar

diy solar

EG4-3000 Fault Error 04

goldenskl

I think my inverter is over heating. Its barely doing any work. Like 15% load maximum. Just a few lights and fans. But im getting fault mode error 04 which is over temperature of PV module. This happened even during the night. Also the data logger showed a different error. 07 over temperature

Its brand new. I have been checking temps and the DC module shows around 50° and the fans are working on high. But the air coming from inside the device feels nice and cool. Any help would be appreciated, i shut it down for the night.

What's the size of the array and panel specs that are being used for the PV input? Also, you could try running a test with only battery connected to see if the fault code continues.

What's the size of the array and panel specs that are being used for the PV input? Also, you could try running a test with only battery connected to see if the fault code continues.
Just 3 in series. 460w 50voc 10amps. I usually get around 130v

I tested just battery with solar disconnected and fault occured again. Also this happened during the night. The inverter showed fault 04 but the data logger said alarm code 7.

Yes ofc picture above

Everything looks good from the picture. I would be interested to see the PV/DC readings with a multimeter the next time this happens. As well as the ambient temperature in the room. However, this sounds like there may be a faulty MPPT temp sensor.

Everything looks good from the picture. I would be interested to see the PV/DC readings with a multimeter the next time this happens. As well as the ambient temperature in the room. However, this sounds like there may be a faulty MPPT temp sensor.
I think so too, ambient temp is 33° and 26° during the night. This happened during the night too which was sooo weird. The fans are spinning full power data logger reports 52° but the air coming out is decently cool. I contacted signature solar they told me to update firmware and try again. So I will do, fear it might just be a faulty device.

Please keep me updated on how this goes!
I did the firmware update and it worked fine for like 2 hours. Then it just kept faulting no matter what I tried. PV disconnected during the night and still getting fault 04. Fans going full speed, it was 24° ambient temp, air from the device was nice and cool. Load was 8%-15%

Signature Solar wants me to send it back to send a replacement. Shipping this thing back to the US is going to cost me like $400 and another $200 to foward the replacement. When I bought all this I told them to please double check everything because I was shipping it very far away. Im so frustrated. Next week Im installing the 6500 EX hope that one works.

Just to make sure, could you post a picture of the fault code on the display? With it still occurring while the battery is the only source of power connected, I want to make sure it's not a warning 4 instead of a fault 4.

Just to make sure, could you post a picture of the fault code on the display? With it still occurring while the battery is the only source of power connected, I want to make sure it's not a warning 4 instead of a fault 4.
Yup, no triangle.

IMG_20240320_065954.jpg
And here is my solar dc voltage
IMG_20240320_124648.jpg

I have been doing different tests. Will try with just battery and a small load.

I did just AC no battery no solar and got the error. Did no ac, just solar and battery and got the error, even worse cause it shot down since it went into fault. I will try just battery and no load just the inverter and see what happens.

Tried battery only, no ac no solar and with 200w load and it went to fault 04 in like 3 minutes. Got it running on battery only NO load just itself and its spinning very fast but the air isnt even remotely warm.

IMG_20240320_163422.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-03-20-16-55-56-544_com.eybond.smartclient.ess.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-03-20-16-55-56-544_com.eybond.smartclient.ess.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 1
Yup, no triangle.

View attachment 203300
And here is my solar dc voltage
View attachment 203301

I have been doing different tests. Will try with just battery and a small load.

I did just AC no battery no solar and got the error. Did no ac, just solar and battery and got the error, even worse cause it shot down since it went into fault. I will try just battery and no load just the inverter and see what happens.
Unfortunately, it does appear to have a faulty MPPT.

Back