diy solar

diy solar

Eg4 3kw noise and heat level

Riverbottom

I’ve got a small 1 room floating camp about 15x15. I’ve been eyeing the eg4 3kw but I’m limited on space. I have nowhere outside to mount the inverter so inside where we sleep is the only option. So my my question is how loud is this thing and how much heat does it generate? I’ve watched a few YouTube videos and some mention the noise level as being a bit much. Those who have one, what say you?

I don't have the EG4 just two PowMr 3kW units not far from my bed (~20ft). At night the fans do not need to run full blast or even on most of the time since no PV and low loads. It does cycle a few times at low when the fridge and freezers kick on but does not effect my sleep. Heat is not much of an issue.

Day time during heavy PV charging and high loads it can be a bit noisy if right next to it. When fully engaged it can sound like a jet spooling up for takeoff. The sound of free power.

Thanks for the info! I currently just run a generator at night to run the ac or heat. I plan to start off with just one 48v eg4 100ah batt. So I still plan to run the geni at night to run those. So, with that said, is it loud if power is from the coming in from the generator?

I suppose the noise for running the AIO in AC bypass will depend on how much charging current you set. Just AC bypass to loads should not cause the fans to run like having the inverter power loads would. However your generator might be loud. Many are with the exception of some of the Honda inverters.

There is also your Aircon fan and compressor noise.

The EG4 will likely be quiter than the generator, especially at night when there's no PV or real heavy loads. They also use a standard size fan and could likely be swapped out with a better/quiter Noctua in a few minutes.

Back