diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6000XP/18Kpv Custom RS485 Dongle Connector

I would rather connect to the internal RS485 port than the external HDMI one, but in general I would like to voice support for getting a direct rs485 connection working with luxpower inverters (I use eg4 6000xp).

A quick comment -- I noticed that with the wifi dongle trying to set 'charge mode' to 'disable' in the inverter settings causes the coms with my inverter (over wif) to time out completely. At first I thought it was just the usual flakey-ness of the wifi connection, but it seems to happen quite repeatably. Setting to any other mode works fine. Also tried the new SA beta firmware (4-16) but got the same behavior. Did you ever notice this?

So I need to move my SA box to the inverters location and connect to RS485?
You can do RS485 wirelessly or on wired ethernet. I use EW11's from HiFlying for RS485 comms to two inverters 20m away from the house, they are powered from the mains feed to the inverter and connect to the wifi. At the other end you can use Modbus TCP or another EW11 to convert back to RS485 RTU and then RS485 to USB but they also do a a virtual serial port using software too which I use.

You can do RS485 wirelessly or on wired ethernet. I use EW11's from HiFlying for RS485 comms to two inverters 20m away from the house, they are powered from the mains feed to the inverter and connect to the wifi. At the other end you can use Modbus TCP or another EW11 to convert back to RS485 RTU and then RS485 to USB but they also do a a virtual serial port using software too which I use.
I'm interested in learning more about how you're doing this. I'll be reaching out to you at a later date.

Back