diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6000xp software

D. Abineri

I seem to need some help on two fronts with my eg4 6000xp setup.

1. When trying to use the screen on the unit I find there is no instruction on when to use the RETURN KEY and what it does??? Second, when I get to item 14, I don't seem to be able to move on to item 15. How do I do this?

2. Somewhere I had thought I understood that I could use my pc to communicate with the unit and make it easier to set things up on a larger screen. Is this possible and, if so, how do I do this. I have the Pin and SN of the wireless dongle and the SN of the unit.

Thanks for any advice that can move me up the learning curve.

I seem to need some help on two fronts with my eg4 6000xp setup.

1. When trying to use the screen on the unit I find there is no instruction on when to use the RETURN KEY and what it does??? Second, when I get to item 14, I don't seem to be able to move on to item 15. How do I do this?

2. Somewhere I had thought I understood that I could use my pc to communicate with the unit and make it easier to set things up on a larger screen. Is this possible and, if so, how do I do this. I have the Pin and SN of the wireless dongle and the SN of the unit.

Thanks for any advice that can move me up the learning curve.
Also for your reference, there are specific instructions in the manual for the buttons/setting the options with the LCD screen. They are on page 46 of the printed manual that came with mine (or page 44 in the 1.1.7 electronic PDF version).

This should be found at the maintenance tab.
Thanks again, I thought I checked there already.
Also for your reference, there are specific instructions in the manual for the buttons/setting the options with the LCD screen. They are on page 46 of the printed manual that came with mine (or page 44 in the 1.1.7 electronic PDF version).
Sorry, on those pages I do not see the description of the RETURN key. Thanks

Indeed sir, you are right. I never noticed that. The only use for the return key that I have found is if you are in step 2 (you found the setting you want to change, pressed enter, and are in the "setting settings", if you don't want to commit the changes to that setting, pressing return doesn't commit any changes you made to that setting, and instead the setting number starts blinking again to be able to scroll through the setting numbers again. Well, actually at that point pressing return again gets you out of the settings selection entirely and back to the normal display.

Indeed sir, you are right. I never noticed that. The only use for the return key that I have found is if you are in step 2 (you found the setting you want to change, pressed enter, and are in the "setting settings", if you don't want to commit the changes to that setting, pressing return doesn't commit any changes you made to that setting, and instead the setting number starts blinking again to be able to scroll through the setting numbers again. Well, actually at that point pressing return again gets you out of the settings selection entirely and back to the normal display.
Thanks, good info here.

Back