diy solar

diy solar

Epever Inverter - static use / grounding and bonding

YasenV

Hello Guys,
I am planning to make a caravan static as hut. I have solar, Lifepo4 and Epever IPT-2000 Inverter.

The caravan itself has a 3 wire installation with live, neutral and ground (it is European so 220V). I am planning to attached the inverter on quick connect of the caravan.
But while testing I figured out that the inverter is most probably floating neutral - line has 110V and neutral has 110V.
Quickly asked the manufacture and they sent me this - which based on all videos I have watched from Will and other guys on YouTube related to bonding, I am totally confused what I have to do.

Manufacture says:
To prevent common-mode interference. The AC output terminal of the inverter designed with a safety capacitor (referred to as Y capacitor).
The ground wire is the common point between L and N affected by the Y capacitor. The voltage between L or N to the ground is 110VAC.
The Y capacitor meets safety requirements. So usually, human exposure to one of the root won’t result in electrical shock.

企业微信截图_17107453816860.png

The mains panel of the caravan has no bonding between N and G.

The socket of the inverter is european style and manufacture also says the following:
The AC output (L&N) is not allowed to ground, only GND terminal needs to ground. This is the housing grounding.
Not need all, the output power is constant. So no mattery how you connect it, just confirm the GND side to the earth and L,N to the sockets is enough.
If you bond the neutral and ground in the panel, that maybe will cause inverter can not work normal but will not damaged inverter.

Any advice?

Figured it out. Just connect the caravan as it is appliance and ground rod it.

Back