diy solar

diy solar

EPEVER TRACER AN SERIES 4210 NOT DELIVERING CURRENT

@DrAuwal

Hello guys, my Epever suddenly stopped charging my battery 24v Lithium pack after discharged to 0%. It currently reads 55-58V PV and delivers 0.1a. I actually read the manual and it says the max PV power is 1540W for a 24v system and I exceeded the Max PV power of 1540W by 60W and it was perfectly working before that fateful 0% discharge.
It now reads a fake SOC of 100% and voltage of 27.6v despite the battery pack is at 0%. There is no apparent sign of damage right now.
Kindly help me out.

If your battery did indeed discharge to zero, the BMS has probably gone into "protection mode" and disconnected it.. Search the forum or check with the battery mgfr. for information on how to recover.

If your battery did indeed discharge to zero, the BMS has probably gone into "protection mode" and disconnected it.. Search the forum or check with the battery mgfr. for information on how to recover.
Hello, from my phone app of the BMS, it is in no protection as seen in the attached picture.
What I realized this morning is that, as soon as the PV system is "on", the SCC will start reading the battery pack voltage rapidly from 24.1v to 28.6v or thereabout and the same with the SOC to 100% and then will only record 0.1A to 0.3A.
It read as if the battery is full.
My PV total VoC IS about 72v and am recording about 60v right now.

Someone should help. Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-04-06-07-49-56-798_com.jiabaida.little_elephant.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-04-06-07-49-56-798_com.jiabaida.little_elephant.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 3
Can you draw any current from the battery with a load? You need to determine if this is a CC problem, a BMS problem, a battery problem or a solar array problem.

Can you draw any current from the battery with a load? You need to determine if this is a CC problem, a BMS problem, a battery problem or a solar array problem.
Hello, the battery is at 0% and cannot deliver anything right now. The PV system delivers voltage and amperes at least from the junction of solar PV breaker that I checked with a multimeter.
I'm now trying to test another SCC and see.
I will give an update if there is new development.
Thanks.

This sounds more like a battery problem. Do you have another you can try? Even a couple 12V car batteries connected in series for a few minutes will tell you if the CC is at fault.

This sounds more like a battery problem. Do you have another you can try? Even a couple 12V car batteries connected in series for a few minutes will tell you if the CC is at fault.
Likely my BMS is the one that refuses to accept the charge after I drained the battery to 0%. Because I took the SCC to a repair workshop and it has been determined to be working.

Yep, you need to "jump start" it. I had this happen once due to letting a battery go below the BMS LVD and then also be below under freezing.

Search the forum and the Net for instructions specific to your battery.

Likely my BMS is the one that refuses to accept the charge after I drained the battery to 0%. Because I took the SCC to a repair workshop and it has been determined to be working.

Your BMS has disconnected the battery.

For testing, you can jumper around the bms with adequate gauge wire and see if the scc will begin to charge it.

Thank you for the replies.
I searched how to do the jump-starting but what I do not know is whether I have to remove the balance cables before shorting the B- and C-. Do I have to disconnect the battery from the SCC?

Back