diy solar

diy solar

Epoch 300 AH with Victron Coms.

wolkstyx

I just received my Epoch 300 AH battery with Victron comms and I'm having trouble determining which cable to use.
The Victron site mentions these cables but I can't find anything on the Epoch website and my email hasn't been answered.

ASS030710018 - VE.Can to CAN-bus BMS type A Cable​

ASS030720018 - VE.Can to CAN-bus BMS type B Cable​

ASS030064950 RJ45 UTP Cable (Standard Ethernet)​

Each seems specific to different batteries but the Epoch battery isn't listed.
I guess I was hoping the battery would come with a cable or at least which one was needed.

I'm a newbie and just purchased a Victron Multiplus 2000 and Cerbo GX and I'm trying to get everything set up.
I've watched lots of You Tube videos and trying to figure it all out.

These are the ports on the Epoch battery
Thanks in advance for any help in selecting which cable/cables I'll need.CE3F22F5-8FB1-43E5-B775-2D0704A6F36A_1_105_c.jpeg

Last edited:
This lists the pin mappings for type a and b:

You're interested in only the CAN port.

Assuming this model:

Page 21 describes the connection, but it does not instruct you to install the CAN terminator plug in the other port of the Cerbo.

By reference to "CAT7" I would assume standard UTP ethernet cable.

I would still try to get a definitive answer from Epoch.

thanks for the question,,, i have the slightly new epoch 300ah with victron comms port on it as well and was trying to figure out which cable to get

thanks for the question,,, i have the slightly new epoch 300ah with victron comms port on it as well and was trying to figure out which cable to get

If you figure this out please let me know, a buddy of mine has 2 of these and is pretty much done trying to get them to communicate. I have my crimping kit and I tried all types of cables even making my own in T568A and T568B as well as T568B Roll Over wiring none of them worked. Neither worked, epoch will not respond to emails phone calls they say send an email.

Cerbo-S GX and the port was set to Ve.Can running venus o.s. 3.30

I noticed they have a V2 version so I'm not sure if his were V1 or V2 the label did not state this.

We found out through currentconnected that even if they do work only 1 can be connected to the system at a time, something epcoh just updated on there site. Needless to say this is BS imo as it was not stated when he made the purchase. I feel partly responsible because I told him epoch was the best for the money at that time. Now only epoch that I would recommend is the roypow versions which clearly work better and are nice but no only longer the dollar value that the essentials versions was.

At this point if you need victron on a budget sun fun kits seem to be the only ones and don't have a one battery limit.

BTW the Voltgo batteries have victron comss as well but no one locally I know has been able to test them.

Correction, we tried to set the port on cerbo-s to both VE.Can and BMS.Can can and also tried all of the baud rate settings, no connection.

Back