diy solar

diy solar

Ever get PV DC voltage coming out of AC output? Hybrid inverter

natehawkv8

I have a SRNE hybrid inverter split phase with battery connection, AC in, AC out and PV in. In SBU mode and even with inverter switched off im getting solar panel DC voltage on AC outputs if I put my volt meter on AC out ground and L1 (or L2). If I switch off PV breaker the DC voltage no longer shows on AC output (this seems to prove unwanted DC voltage is in fact coming from PV). Anyone ever experience this? Also when in SBU, AC output ground to L1 (or 2) only shows 50v when it should be 120v. When in UTI everything works fine.

Thanks. In theory if I add a AC input neutral to AC output neutral jumper and somehow the inverters SBU side N/G bond starts working again then I would have N/G bond at inverter and at main panel, if SBU switches over to grid right?

Thanks. In theory if I add a AC input neutral to AC output neutral jumper and somehow the inverters SBU side N/G bond starts working again then I would have N/G bond at inverter and at main panel, if SBU switches over to grid right?
Yes
Is this an intermittent issue?

So far not intermittent. But it used to work properly. Just trying to get a better understanding. I just found that If I shut off PV and run in SBU off of batteries than AC out ground is good. So maybe something is wrong with my PV wiring although not sure how that would affect AC output ground. Will investigate PV wiring...

So far not intermittent. But it used to work properly. Just trying to get a better understanding. I just found that If I shut off PV and run in SBU off of batteries than AC out ground is good. So maybe something is wrong with my PV wiring although not sure how that would affect AC output ground. Will investigate PV wiring...
Definitely not normal. Good luck with the investigation.

A couple updates. I found some wires out at my array that do not look to be in the best condition so am going to replace them as they need replaced anyways. Also SRNE support got back to me about no ground from AC output and simple said I need to set setting 63. Unfortunately setting 63, while in the menu option of the inverter, is not in the user manual. So I have replied to SRNE to ask exactly what setting 63 does and am waiting to hear back.

Note: I have two identical SRNE inverters although on different firmware. The one SRNE inverter has no issues. Both have option 63 in the menu and both are set to 63: Disabled.

Update: I have 3 sets of 12 panels in series. Those 3 sets are then parallel. I've replace all PV wires but the problem persist. If I disconnect series B and C and leave only the 12 panels in series A then the problem goes away (ground from AC output of inverter starts working). If I run the inverter only off of the 12 panels in series B the problem persists and same with series C, problem persists. So I assume I have a bad panel or panel wire in series B and another bad one in series C - but series A is fine. SRNE did provide the attached technical document on N-G bonding for my inverter and although interesting doesn't really explain what's happening.

Attachments

• SRNE_N-G bonding function_tech support_1.0 (1).pdf
    338 KB · Views: 10
Another update: I missed a wire replacement related to series B. Replaced that and now series B is good as well. Now to isolate problem in series C...

Back