diy solar

diy solar

F60 / F8 Sungold Power Help!!

KyleOberlin

Hello everyone!

I'm the "technically" new here but have been reading this forum for awhile now as I was getting ideas for my system and more recently, to troubleshoot. Since installing, my system has never worked correctly and I am at a loss on what is wrong. It very well could be easy since I am by no-means an expert but need help nonetheless. Here are the specs of my system and what I have tried:

22 - 415 watt panels. 2 sets of 9 and a set of 4, each wired in series. They are on a East facing detached garage roof. One set of 9 goes into one inverter, and the other set of 9 and set of 4 go into the other.

2 - SunGoldPower SP6548 Inverters with the below settings, setup to be in split phase.

6 - SunGoldPower SG48100P 100ah LifePO4 batteries. Each positive/negative is wired to the their respective bus bars, and a main wire goes from each to a separate bus bar that then feeds the 2 inverters.

Setup:
My main grid-fed panel in my basement feeds 100 amps to the sub-panel in my detached garage. The sub-panel has a 60 amp double-tap break that feeds both AC/In's on the inverters, and another 60 amp double-tap that feeds the AC/Out's of the inverters. All neutrals are together in the sub-panel. BMS cable goes from "master" battery to one inverter. Communication cables are both connected on each inverter.

Issue: After a few min of bein on, I consistently get either error code 60 or error code 8. I've made sure all cables are tight, that the AC/Ins and AC/Outs are correct, I replaced one of the inverters with an extra that I had, and tried changing some settings. I've read on this forum that sometimes when batteries go from 99% to 100%, that they backfeed to the inverter causing this error, but I'm not sure how to test if this is the case as I've read that batteries are required for split-phase. I've also read that having the AC/IN and AC/Out in the same sub-panel sometimes causes this, but it would be a pain to rewire so I am hoping that isn't the case.

Any help would be GREATELY appreciated :)

20240409_173527.jpg 20240409_173536.jpg 20240409_173502.jpg 20240410_160735.jpg Screenshot_20240409_173902_Chrome.jpg

Back