diy solar

diy solar

F90 - MPP Solar / Voltronic Axpert 8000MAX Error

TheBattMan

I really hope someone can point me in the right direction to get my inverter working again. I bought 3 8kw inverters from Foshan Ouyad Electronic 3 months ago and one by one they have all stopped working with various errors and hardware faults (I will post about this soon to warn others of this disgusting company).
The final working inverter gave out 2 days ago with error F90. No mention of this in the manual and Ouyad have been so slow to respond telling me I need to buy a communication board from them to fix this software error. They also sent me some software and a pdf, but following the instructions hasn't helped at all. If what I've been reading is correct it seems they have sold me clones.

The software is Axpert Setting Serial Number Tool V1.00.
It finds my Product ID but clicking apply gives a Setting failed! I am connected via a USB to RS232 adaptor (See attached photo)
The inverter is MPPT MAX-8000 (See attached picture) U1 - 46.04 U2 - 12.13

Not sure where to go from here, anyone fixed this type of error before?

Thanks for taking the time to read and help.
Mick

Attachments

• inv2lab.jpg
    inv2lab.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 78
  • softerror.jpg
    softerror.jpg
    783.3 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
I really hope someone can point me in the right direction to get my inverter working again. I bought 3 8kw inverters from Foshan Ouyad Electronic 3 months ago and one by one they have all stopped working with various errors and hardware faults (I will post about this soon to warn others of this disgusting company).
The final working inverter gave out 2 days ago with error F90. No mention of this in the manual and Ouyad have been so slow to respond telling me I need to buy a communication board from them to fix this software error. They also sent me some software and a pdf, but following the instructions hasn't helped at all. If what I've been reading is correct it seems they have sold me clones.

The software is Axpert Setting Serial Number Tool V1.00.
It finds my Product ID but clicking apply gives a Setting failed! I am connected via a USB to RS232 adaptor (See attached photo)
The inverter is MPPT MAX-8000 (See attached picture) U1 - 46.04 U2 - 12.13

Not sure where to go from here, anyone fixed this type of error before?

Thanks for taking the time to read and help.
Mick
Same problem here.
I contacted the seller and say to me that i need to change the communication board.
in my inverter the comm board don't have usd input only ethernet
i will try to use usd to ethernet, if not working i will wait to receive the new board

Attachments

• 756CB299-F44D-4AC2-A81E-BF892462F42E.jpeg
    756CB299-F44D-4AC2-A81E-BF892462F42E.jpeg
    62.6 KB · Views: 51
How much did you pay for the board, and where from? Foshan Ouyad Electronic is telling me it will cost 50USD for shipping of the board to UK. I called them out on it as it's only a small board and they say after packaging it weighs 1.5 to 2kg and size 24*25*18cm :LOL: The main controller only weighs 200 grams and that has extra electronics and plastic. No way it can be that size or weight.

Here's the poor-quality picture they sent me, I guess they don't want me using google lens to find another supplier.
Screenshot_20220826_100401_com.alibaba.intl.android.apps.poseidon.jpg
They say I need this board to reprogram the serial number of the inverter. Not paying 50USD for it, no way.

How much did you pay for the board, and where from? Foshan Ouyad Electronic is telling me it will cost 50USD for shipping of the board to UK. I called them out on it as it's only a small board and they say after packaging it weighs 1.5 to 2kg and size 24*25*18cm :LOL: The main controller only weighs 200 grams and that has extra electronics and plastic. No way it can be that size or weight.

Here's the poor-quality picture they sent me, I guess they don't want me using google lens to find another supplier.
View attachment 108601
They say I need this board to reprogram the serial number of the inverter. Not paying 50USD for it, no way.

i buy it from here
charge me only for DHL express shipping
Tne inverter works only one month, so another 11 months in quarantine

Sent me a good quality photo
i order the board with extra display panel (can works parallel with main display) connected with RJ45 cable

Attachments

• EEDC4E78-1F31-4C03-9526-703EEB3EFFAE.png
    EEDC4E78-1F31-4C03-9526-703EEB3EFFAE.png
    4.8 MB · Views: 48
Thanks for your reply, I contacted the seller and he advised me he would email software and instructions. Never got this email... Did you get the software and instructions? He also sent a link to "Cost for the New Parts" and not the actual part. is this how you ordered yours too?
Currently out of stock so have to wait for next batch.

While I am waiting I took the main CPU board from the inverter with F09 error and put in F90 inverter and it started working again.... Only for a week but now its F90 error again. So clearly Foshan Ouyad Electronic Co are selling clone units and then try charge you a ridiculous amount for parts delivery. I also asked for parts for F09 error inverter. They agreed to send it but each day I ask for the delivery cost they keep saying "Will tell you later". AVOID Foshan Ouyad Electronic Co They are a scam!!!

Next, I will try to reverse the comm board that's in the inverter and see if I can communicate to main CPU with that to reset the serial. I have 3 broken inverters so guess it can't get any worse :LOL:

Also seen this post https://diysolarforum.com/threads/mpp-solar-lv2424-hybrid-inverter-error-90-fix.40460/ might be helpful to others.

Seller sent me the software and instructions via email.
i can forward to you the email.
sent me email ro yiannossavva@hotmail.com and i will reply you
if you have 3 inverter with f90 error you have to buy only one hardware.
i do it with my inverter and now works fine
after software update you have to remove the new board and install the old

Great information. I have sent you an email. Looking to see if I can find this communication board anywhere else.

Thanks for helping me.

Great information. I have sent you an email. Looking to see if I can find this communication board anywhere else.

how to fixed E90 error
how to fixed E90 error
I have two LV6548's running split and just got the F90 error on one of them (we'll call it the 2P2 Inverter). I've been having issues since I set them up and the LCD constantly turns off on the 2P2 one (that just got the F90 error). Now it gets the error and turns off within 10 seconds where before everything functioned (albeit with random errors and faults since initial setup) but the LCD was always off on 2P2. The 2P1 inverter LCD stays on, looks to be all good and can run 120. I also noticed that when the 2P2 inverter was on all of the indicators were the same except for the AC/DC and DC/DC one. I checked on the breaker and indeed no amperage was coming from the 2P2 inverter to the breaker.

I noticed in Watchpower the one inverter with the issues was showing a different serial number than what is printed on the side of the inverter...

Not really sure where to start with this. Am I going to need a new board/LCD module, or updated firmware...

Any suggestions?

Thanks for helping me.
Did you resolve the F90 issue, I have the same model max-8000, went back to supplier Jesudom official store and they sent me the usual baord together with the software. But mine dosen't pickup the device when clicking search, then obviously errors if click apply. Thanks is advance

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 88
  • inverter.jpg
    inverter.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 93
Hi petros30

Foshan Ouyad Electronics have been really slow to respond and I am still waiting for the board to arrive (3 weeks now). I got impatient waiting and decided to explore other ways to communicate with the main processor without this ridiculously priced board they say we need. I fixed the error with a USB to Serial device and the software they provided without needing the board. I will do a write-up over the next few days so others can follow what I did and save themselves some money.

When you plug the USB into that board and computer does windows recognize it? (Check it shows up in Windows Device Manager) I wonder if the driver hasn't been installed and that could be why it's not been detected.

@Yiannossavva Looks like the software they gave me was exactly the same as the one you gave me and looking at the screenshot petros30 posted looks like it's the same serial number as ours. Will be interesting to see if the F90 comes back after 60 days again. @Yiannossavva please post back here if your error F90 comes back again please.

Hey @jibberishballr

Did you manage to get any answers?

All of mine were showing a different serial number than what is printed on the side of the inverter too. If you follow along with the F90 fix I post in a few days, that might help you in some way.

Hey @jibberishballr

Did you manage to get any answers?

All of mine were showing a different serial number than what is printed on the side of the inverter too. If you follow along with the F90 fix I post in a few days, that might help you in some way.
So far waiting...I am working with MPP Solar tech support right now...so far nothing but the reseller (Ian from Watts/247) said they have a fix for it. I'll check out your post in the upcoming days.

I guess the thing I'm trying to understand is sense it's happening with some units and not all, and the S/N looks to be specific to the WiFi module, did someone switch out the WiFi module for these units before they were shipped/during manufacturing?

Thanks for trying to find a solution and sharing it @TheBattMan

I posted my F90 fix here. Hope it helps.

@Yiannossavva Looks like the software they gave me was exactly the same as the one you gave me and looking at the screenshot petros30 posted looks like it's the same serial number as ours. Will be interesting to see if the F90 comes back after 60 days again. @Yiannossavva please post back here if your error F90 comes back again please.
until now works perfect

I posted my F90 fix here. Hope it helps.

Good job!

Hi all, update on how I got mine going, Ive got a board send over but nothing when plugged it in. However if you look at the inverter.jpg you need to use the other cable (the one not connected in the pic) instead of the one attached. So as I wasn't sent it, I had to get one made up and hey presto it connected. Software is available via https://www.mediafire.com/file/dc9cq674ult69xj/AxpertSetSN.rar/file and if your really stuck im on the south coast of UK so email petrospetrou30@hotmail.com all the best and thanks for the help

BTW be careful when downloading software, its one of them sites with 5 download buttons and if wrong ones your'll get crap on your machine so use a crap machine to download and test

Back