diy solar

diy solar

few questions about solar power....

That is another PWM controller. It will work, but it will not support anything but the 18v panels. Certainly not what I would have done. And, since it is deliberatly mis-marked as a MPPT I certainly would not trust any amperage rating on it.

If you can cancel the order or have not yet placed the order, please do yourself a favor and order what I linked in the 40amp version.

It does NOT exceed 12v.

You should be running out of toes by now. Shooting yourself in the foot to save a buck and buying junk.

Save up and buy something that works right the first time and is expandable for the future.

Another option would be this - it would replace the inverter and PWM you currently run. You can parallel your current battery with another identical.

dunno how to say this but the one you linked is fake too, i looked at the reviews.. and it is half the size you think it is...ive been here long enough to catch onto these Chinese scams.. they are comedic at best...

But wouldn't this actually save you money in the long run to spend more on the things you enjoy? Just don't use to much of one before the other...
are you trying to steal my poutine ??? you obviously dont watch GSP in UFC...nobody touches our poutine....... Usa tried once 200 years ago and they are still traumatized

Last edited:
i loooked it up and all i see is a city in Iowa
Try this

Your PWM will handle your 3 largest panles at once.

The smaller panels I am saying to sell are so small any output they will cause you issues if you try to use them. If you choose to hook thrm up against advice you are on your own with them.

this is how they should be.

wires from three biggest panels all hooked to the PWM.

on the output from the positive post of the battery a fuse

on the other end of the fuse has the inverter and the positve out from the PWM.

negative of the battery has the inverter and the negative from the PWM

once you have it hooked up take a picture of the front of the PWM and post it. not a video, just a clear picture. see that all 3 large panels are in full sun.

once you have that posted we are done until you save up 25000p to 30000p and find a local solar shop so you dont get ripped off again

View attachment 210473
FYI fuse received and installed.. thank you for helping me take this percaution...

Try this

i never used alibaba but apperantly i need to order 2 minimum.. and price is over 100$cad....

got the 2nd battery and linked it to the other battery using 6 gauge wire... i calcullated 200 watts max going between the 2 batteries but i forgot to factor in the power flowing between the 2 to even out.. but one was at 12.8v and the other at 12.94v.. so.. eveverything seems okay.. nothing is hot to the touch except the inverter some of you have winessed the previous setup so you all know it is a mess of wires.....at this moment only the pc tower is connected to the inverter.. battery voltage dropped from 12.8 to 12.7v... nothing alarming just yet....im beginning to suspect that some of you were correct that each solar panel is only outputting 50watts each... regardless i should still be in the green if im only pulling 100-120 watts for the tower alone.... everything going INTO the batteries is pos on battery 1 and neg of battery 2....everything going OUT is connected to those exact terminals....

wow.. do i qualify to be an electrical engineer yet ?? kidding naturally but i feel quite successful here....

Back