diy solar

diy solar

Fireproofing Battery Container

Yep. Two types. Look for the mineral board. Commonly available. Still around because offices want/ need fireproof ceilings.

Yeah at that point I'd use some cement board.
Pure cement board might let enough heat through it to catch wood studs on fire. I would do just firerock or the firerock-durock-firerock sandwich someone posted.

Firerock has a 4 hour burn time, a double layer of 1/2 inch sheetrock is 4 hours.

I’m looking at cement board, gypsum, mineral wool board, fiberglass “fire” blankets, and carbon felt.

Though I don’t know if carbon felt is electrically conductive in a way that would matter.

Seems to me that cheap, easily shaped, and light would be the things to look for.

My “fireproof” file cabinet is lined with a couple of inches of gypsum. Easy to stack pieces of 5/8 fireguard gypsum.

Rock wool panels, 2" thick, you can order them by the case and you can hold a blowtorch on one side and the other only gets warm, that is the air seeping through

And this link from the burned house looked promising

Last edited:
For my house, Based off all the fire threads I saw, I got UL rated batteries and stacked them in a UL rated case.

IMG_1620.jpeg
In my RV, I have 280 ah cells enclosed in plywood sitting on a metal slide out drawer.

How much was the cabinet?
The cabinet is listed here

Back