diy solar

diy solar

Florida sun not as good as in past

keepsake

Been having a continued time of lots of sun. Florida, zip 33523. Latitude 28 deg. Not seeing the production I did a year ago. Is anyone here seeing hazy like performance lately (last 5 days). Not hitting anyone of previous max values. Seeing like 9100 watts instead of hitting the 10000 watts in the past. And this is on multiple systems.

How clean are the panels?

We’re you seeing 10kw this exact time last year?

Cleaned in past year. Even new panels from last year install are showing sub-max output. I know the angle to the sun is lower, but I am comparing to exactly 360 days ago peak production

Last edited:
Cleaned the panels in the past year? Or just cleaned and verified lower production.

I’d invest in elbow grease give ‘em a nice shine then start complaining if production is down.

Now today the production is through the roof ! What a difference a day makes. Sun like yesterday, but rain and a front passed overnight. Previous 4 days were sub par, today hitting a year ago numbers.

Now today the production is through the roof ! What a difference a day makes. Sun like yesterday, but rain and a front passed overnight. Previous 4 days were sub par, today hitting a year ago numbers.

You've just discovered why comparing anything but averages is almost always meaningless. You can only compare days if you're also tracking daily irradiance.

Back