diy solar

diy solar

Forget Sand Batteries. Try Salt

DIYrich

Solar Wizard
Instead of shoveling coal to heat your house, you can shovel salt.

RESEARCHER DISCOVERS PROMISING NEW METHOD FOR DEALING WITH SUMMER HEAT: ‘IT’S A GREAT SOLUTION TO A MAJOR PROBLEM’
A breakthrough from the Eindhoven University of Technology in the Netherlands could help store sweltering heat from summer for use during frigid winter months. The secret, surprisingly, is water vapor and salt.

I'm not seeing the actual process how this works. The video is very vague and the article is very repetitive in saying salt and water is how it works but no schematics. We really do need to find a sustainable future to heating. Natural gas and other fuels are a huge burden on our planet.

I'm not seeing the actual process how this works. The video is very vague and the article is very repetitive in saying salt and water is how it works but no schematics. We really do need to find a sustainable future to heating. Natural gas and other fuels are a huge burden on our planet.
When water is added to the salt, it releases heat.
Supposedly the process is reversable, so by adding heat the salt precipitates out.
"As long as water and salt are separate, energy is stored without loss."
The issue I see is that humidity may be a problem, so the salt needs to be stored in air tight containers.

Back