diy solar

diy solar

Fronius IG5100 that requires an hour after sun up, a reboot every morning

keepsake

I got an Fronius IG5100 running, vintage 2011 install. But everyday after sunup it enters into an error state. It will produce at about 80% normal if I do nothing. If I power cycle the DC breaker it will die, then reconnected it will power up fine for the rest of the day. It complains about a power stage in the error code. State 514.
Anybody else get this or have a permanent solution ? It won't self heal during the daytime, only after the cold boot.

Last edited:
I am thinking it is the internal transition from a single power module to both of them that triggers the bad condition. i.e. going from below 2500w to above 2500w. This is a 5kw inverter with 2 power stages. Totally repeatable every day. About 9 am display flashing the 514 code and immediately after the DC power kill, it's fine for the rest of the day.

Time for a new inverter ?

Either that or put up with having to restart it every morning , is it getting hot ? Do you think it's dangerous, or just annoying lol ?

Nothing abnormal, not getting hotter than the last 11 years. In fact it performs 100% the rest of the day. I'll see 4990 watts on a good day.
One does not replace this -- one must milk every device to get the best return on investment. I see no danger.

I just can't find a relay to use on the DC side. Not worth dumping any $$$ into anything. Relay needs to handle 350 volts DC and 15 amps ish. I will automate the cut off in the morning when power levels are still low. Maybe an amp or two.

Back