diy solar

diy solar

FYI, bad JK RS485 modules are out there.

Skypower

Solar Wizard
It was driving me crazy trying to get Solar Assistant to connect to two JK bms’s. Every port combination/option, every plug in the usb power hub, every port in the pie, no joy. Then I remembered that I’d ordered extras modules and adapters. Tried another one. Bingo! Instant success! Order one extra at least.

It was driving me crazy trying to get Solar Assistant to connect to two JK bms’s. Every port combination/option, every plug in the usb power hub, every port in the pie, no joy. Then I remembered that I’d ordered extras modules and adapters. Tried another one. Bingo! Instant success! Order one extra at least.
are you saying that jk bms works with SA as long as rs485 cable is good? can you connect more than one bms to SA?

Oh yeah, probably more bms’s than you would ever want when using a power hub. You need purchase the correct adapters and assemble as shown. I used power hub to not put the adapter’s power drain on the pi. Also used a DC to DC converter to power the hub and pi. Here’s instructions; https://solar-assistant.io/help/battery/jk-bms

20A868D5-6391-47D0-817C-08F768950F57.jpeg8DEEDE70-0569-4309-AC66-4C6D969A7EAA.jpeg

Also, there are two variants available. A variant for 'low voltage only' and a variant for 48v systems. I ordered initially the wrong one, and that does not work on a 48v BMS.

Oh yeah, probably more bms’s than you would ever want when using a power hub. You need purchase the correct adapters and assemble as shown. I used power hub to not put the adapter’s power drain on the pi. Also used a DC to DC converter to power the hub and pi. Here’s instructions; https://solar-assistant.io/help/battery/jk-bms

View attachment 147945View attachment 147946
the waveshare usb to rs485 is the most stable one out there..
if one needs a usb to rs485, waveshare is the one to get

Also, there are two variants available. A variant for 'low voltage only' and a variant for 48v systems. I ordered initially the wrong one, and that does not work on a 48v BMS.
? Ohhhh mannn! How did I not fall into that rabbit hole!! I’m the guy that usually does. I didn’t even know this.

Back