diy solar

diy solar

Gone Backpacking.

Craig

Watts are Watts!
Staff member
Just want everyone to know that I will be going off grid backpacking from August 2nd to August 22nd. So if you try and contact me and I do not respond it is because I am hopefully high up on a mountain somewhere. For those who want to follow along if you are in to that sort of thing .https://share.garmin.com/KimAndCraigJMT2020. I am not sure exactly how it works but it is supposed to update every 10 minutes.

Hopefully Garmin's Ransomware issue won't affect your tracking. I use a SPOT device for tracking and emergencies. Tracking is pretty cool. Fortunately, I haven't had to use the emergency feature.

Good luck on your trip.

Hopefully Garmin's Ransomware issue won't affect your tracking. I use a SPOT device for tracking and emergencies. Tracking is pretty cool. Fortunately, I haven't had to use the emergency feature.

Good luck on your trip.
It seems to be working now and they say the inReach was not affected but I could not upload workouts from my watch for about a week.

I will as well be heading up to the mountains to get away from the heat in a week or so. I don’t have any tracking to follow me though... there is BLISSFULLY no internet or cell service up there! I can’t wait to be away from the phone.

John Muir Trail from Yosemite to Mt Whitney

That's going to be awesome! I'd love to do that some day, its on my bucket list. Hopefully it will be relatively uncrowded considering the pandemic and everything. Have fun!

Ha you better wait for winter if you want the mineral spring warmer vs the 100 degree we have right now.....Its more mineral vs hot spring.

Hopefully Garmin's Ransomware issue won't affect your tracking. I use a SPOT device for tracking and emergencies. Tracking is pretty cool.
I was not aware of Garmin's issue. I do not trust Garmin after discovering that the GPS unit I bought for sailing use was not waterproof even though Garmin advertised it as submersible.

I looked at the SPOT device and ended up getting a Bivystick.

Mars

Back