diy solar

diy solar

Good Recommendations for a replacement grid tie inverter.

Drewbowski

I Inherited a home with fully paneled roof top that has 4 inverters on it from 2 different installs. All done by contractors with all the permits n stuff. I do not know the exacting specs of the arrays IIRC first one was originally Sungevity and the second Solar City if any of that matters, this is In California btw. My issue is that the array that's now out of warranty has suffered a loss of one KACO Blueplanet 3502xi its paired with another KACO Blueplanet 2502xi what would be a good drop in replacement for the 3502xi? I would really like to be able to just plug and play nothing fancy just reliable. Should I be shopping for 2 inverters? And Thank you for your time.

My issue is that the array that's now out of warranty has suffered a loss of one KACO Blueplanet 3502xi its paired with another KACO Blueplanet 2502xi what would be a good drop in replacement for the 3502xi?
If they are communicating with each other in parallel might not be A drop in replacement.

You can check with your AHJ to see if they have the plans archived on their server. My AHJ has them for recent projects but not older ones.

Anyway if you don’t have this info you can very loosely approximate it by providing the electrical specs of those inverters or a link to the spec sheets. For orientation borrow a drone from a friend and take some top down photos.

(Yes this is maybe a lift but sharp pictures are easier for providing authoritative data than most hand drawn pictures or Google maps aerial photos. The former can fail bc we don’t know how diligent your hands are and how much your lack of expertise might be incorrectly filtering the data, and the latter are pretty un sharp and require more guessing)

If they are communicating with each other in parallel might not be A drop in replacement.
These are grid tie, you can drop in with much more ease than off grid. With some exceptions like whether the pair are listed to go parallel into one breaker. A drop in replacement likely requires the backfeed to be refactored, but this is just an AC wiring code issue, nothing as complicated as communications

Back