diy solar

diy solar

Grid tie Inverter sending too many volts to house 240v panel

PoPoShoo

11.4-1 Fronius Primo has been averaging 249 to 259 volts AC output production. Is this an issue and if so...how can it be corrected? Not sure if it's an adjustment to be made internally with Inverter but Fronius manual doesn't seem to address this issue

That's normal to see at the inverter. It's putting out higher voltage to help push it's output into the grid. If you test the voltage at the breaker in your panel, you'll see it's the same as the grid. The grid is massive and soaks up those extra volts as soon as they hit your panel. Your loads won't see anything but grid voltage.

That's normal to see at the inverter. It's putting out higher voltage to help push it's output into the grid. If you test the voltage at the breaker in your panel, you'll see it's the same as the grid. The grid is massive and soaks up those extra volts as soon as they hit your panel. Your loads won't see anything but grid voltage.
thanks for your reply. I thought it could be the case. We're getting dark here and my Panels are producing about 25 percent...Inverter still said 250v.

THNX again and I'll also check the Panel breaker tomorrow

Back