diy solar

diy solar

Growatt 7600TL XH-US

jfcaac

Hello Forum People!
Got a couple questions concerning my Growatt 7600TL XH-US inverter, and hope someone has run across
these issues... Initial install was with 16, 470 watt panels, 8 on each string. The Shinetools app showed max power
as 7600, and at high noon got around 7200. Added 4, 450 watt panels onto the 3 MPPT, which should give me
9400 total, but the app still shows max as 7600. We'll say the app says each 8 panel string is about 3200, and the
4 panel string is 1500. That would equal 7900, but the app caps out at 7605, reads no higher than that.
Is there a way to re-set the app to tell it more power is available? Seems odd the inverter wouldn't update more
power input to the app... Am I missing something?
Also, I can connect my phone via the app to the inverter, yet it won't get on the internet. Tried every trick people
have suggested to re-set the wifi to no avail. Even used a hard-wired Ethernet cable connected right to my router,
the LEDs light up on the board saying it sees a connection, but doesn't see the servers. Yes, tried both Growatt
servers. Growatt support just said watch their youtube video, no help. Lots of advise concerning the dongle wifi,
but nothing out there about the built in controller card.

Thanks!
John

The inverter has a maximum output of 7.6 kw Doesn't matter how much pv you install it will only output 7600 max

Which app are you using? Shinetools or shinephone?

The inverter has a maximum output of 7.6 kw Doesn't matter how much pv you install it will only output 7600 max

Which app are you using? Shinetools or shinephone?
Using ShineTools app.

Using ShineTools app.
Shine tools is local only and will not connect via the internet.

You need shinephone, but you may need to setup the inverter from a PC first, then sign in with shinephone.

Tried connecting to the network port, and it wouldn't let me telnet into it. Any suggestions?

Tried connecting to the network port, and it wouldn't let me telnet into it. Any suggestions?
You can’t telnet to it. Do you have the install guides and manuals and have you read them?

Earlier you stated you were using shine tools, you can download the manuals within shine tools and you can get them off the Growatt website. Link below

Did you already set up shine phone like was suggested? Or did you just brush that off?

Did you already set up shine phone like was suggested? Or did you just brush that off?
Followed the commissioning guide to the letter shown below, using Shinetools for
initial internet connection. Problem is, I never get the 'configuration successful' notice.
Even though my router is 10' from the inverter, I get an 'abnormal connection' message.
If I plug in the LAN port, it doesn't recognize it. says no LAN cable detected.
Will start from scratch again, and try a different router. I hear many people have issues
such as this trying to get the unit on-line... Maybe they are really finicky devices.
Appreciate your advice.

1714733304552.png

Ok try this.

On a computer, create a profile and register your inverter on the server.

You need the serialnumber that's on the side of the inverter.

Sign in with SHINE PHONE.

Let me know if that works

Back