diy solar

diy solar

Growatt es5000 beeps

thesummithaven

Hi all,
Is it normalfor the growatt es5000 to beep when batteries are fully charged hen each time it starts charging again?
Cheers

I believe its about 3 then a space then repeats stops because some power has been used and when 100% charged starts again till the sun goes down.
I know you can silence it but its a concern even though it doesn't seem to cause any problems.
PS its done this from installation.

It sounds like an error.
I'm guessing that the DC bus voltage is getting too high.
I don't know if you have a way to check it.
It's not viewable on the screen. I can see it on Solar Assistant.
When it exceeds 480v , it's not happy.

thanks, I have panels each 33.5volts = 268 the growatt says over 400v the victron busbar is rated at 1000v now the inverter just started again as the batteries are full.
I disconnected the solar string and the beeping has stopped, I do have 550w of solar going through a separate MPPT direct into the bus bar after the growatt as they are different voltage and wattage to the main string.
Cheers

thanks, I have panels each 33.5volts = 268 the growatt says over 400v the victron busbar is rated at 1000v now the inverter just started again as the batteries are full.
I disconnected the solar string and the beeping has stopped, I do have 550w of solar going through a separate MPPT direct into the bus bar after the growatt as they are different voltage and wattage to the main string.
Cheers
I have noticed that when battery is at around 56v or higher. And PV voltage climbs above 315v. And loads are below 1kw. It's like a perfect combination for the DC bus voltage to go above 480v. Which causes an error #08 , "DC bus voltage to high".
It's even more likely to happen if a BMS shuts off charging.
It usually only takes a few seconds for everything to calm down. But if it remains in error for very long, the inverter will shutdown.

Back