diy solar

diy solar

Growatt grid-tied connection time issue

SunWind

My Growatt MOD5000 TL3-X when switched on connects in 60 seconds. Our grid requirements is to connect after 3 minutes. How can I change the connection time parameter to 180 seconds?

Hopefully, it is possible to reconfigure in the software. However, if it is not, you could consider a little DIN rail/MCB box with a three minute delay timer (upon power on) and a contactor.

¹
Yes, we use the Shinephone app. There are several parameters that can be set from the app, but not the connection time.
Try shinetools if it works with your inverter .I can't set my connection time with shinephone but I can with shinetools

It's a MIN 2500TL-X Growatt. With ShineTools, I managed to see the "Synchronization Range" data and both Connecting Time and Restarting Time set to 65 seconds. But cannot modify them.

Likely you need to login as Installer to change grid settings.
I tried server.growatt.com and managed to see where settings can be changed. But cannot see the settings of the connection time of 65 seconds. Also to adjust other parameters to the grid code, we need a special password.

That’s nothing like the -US version. A couple of suggestions and requests:
1. What happens when you click the > next to connection time? Screen shot?
2. What device are you running shine tools on? Lots of apps render improperly on some devices. Try a different device, especially if you are not using an apple product or are using something old. Might try borrowing something from a friend.

2.5 kV !?
Yes, that’s confusing. But, note that in his first post he said he had a MOD, then later said he had a MIN. You can connect the app to an inverter that is not the same type you have configured the app to connect to - I’ve done it on purpose just to see what would happen a couple years ago, it lets you. I suspect the OP has not told us a lot of the details of what’s going on.

That’s nothing like the -US version. A couple of suggestions and requests:
1. What happens when you click the > next to connection time? Screen shot?
2. What device are you running shine tools on? Lots of apps render improperly on some devices. Try a different device, especially if you are not using an apple product or are using something old. Might try borrowing something from a friend.
Hi, the > next to the connection time is not active. No response.
I'm using ShineTools on my Samsung mobile but limited functionality. I managed to changed other grid settings from server.growatt.com site but still stuck with the reconnection time issue.

Yes, that’s confusing. But, note that in his first post he said he had a MOD, then later said he had a MIN. You can connect the app to an inverter that is not the same type you have configured the app to connect to - I’ve done it on purpose just to see what would happen a couple years ago, it lets you. I suspect the OP has not told us a lot of the details of what’s going on.
Hi Sorry for that. I'm actually working on a MIN2500, MIN3000 and MOD 500TL3-X in parallel. All of them are having reconnection time of 65 secs. Need to change them to 180secs. The tools should be the same, but I want to know where exactly to change this parameter.

Back