diy solar

diy solar

Growatt spf 3000TL HVM-24 turns on and off

Freeman

Hi smart people.

My growatt kept turning on and off (with that bloody beep) turns on for 1 minute, then off for 30 seconds, then keeps repeating over and over and over.... in the following conditions:

No input from AC or solar (physically disconnected)
Unit Switch is off
Master switch to battery bank remains on

Does anyone know a setting to stop it from turning on and off all the time please? TIA

Same problem here. After the first switch on, it cannot be turned off by the Unit Switch.

Unfortunately it has the same behaviour when battery voltage reaches Low DC cut-off voltage in program 21 and there is no AC or Solar power present. The unit keep cycling on and off, wearing every mechanical contact inside and drain the battery further until the BMS eventually kicks in and disconnect it completely.

But what if there is no BMS? Lead Acid battery users?

I can't believe such a mistake is possible.... this is simply ridiculous and unacceptable.

Hey mate, thanks for your reply. I’m surprised that it keeps turning on and off even when it reaches low voltage cutoff, that seems to be a bad mistake.

I haven’t found a solution yet, except that I’ve wired up all my essential DC stuff from the bussbars and so the unit can stay off unless I want to use AC or to charge the batteries up. I can physically turn off the whole unit every afternoon and just have the essential stuff running directly which is nice.

If I wanted it to be a set and forget system.... I would be pretty upset!

Perhaps there is a software upgrade that solves this?

Hi all, has anyone found a solution to this?
It was happening to my unit , then with some programming changes it went away, but now its back again and have no idea why? maybe something else i did in the programming???

So to stop it from happening for now, i leave the inverter switch on and also enable power saving mode as i want to avoid the high standby power consumption . This stops the cycling on and off however i cant really leave it on power saving mode all the time as it doesnt run most of my equipment properly, (in fact most things wont run properly or at all in this mode) and therefore i have to constantly disable the power saving mode when i need to run that equipment during the day and then enable it again overnight, or leave it disabled full time and tolerate the high standby consumption! It very annooying and not practical having to make program changes all the time and for a fridge/freezer it kinda needs to be left on overnight.

Then i figured out that if you switch off the DC side at night when its bedtime- it will goto sleep and also stop cycling. However this isnt an option either because if you do this it wont wake up and keep the battery charged when the sun comes back up, so i cant leave it like this when i leave the system unattended for a period of time.
Pretty disappointed with this inverter TBH i basically cant use it the way it is unless i cop the full standy power consumption 24/7.

Back