diy solar

diy solar

Hello from Upstate SC!

turtle2472

I'm new here and checking in to learn what I can to get beyond trying to pay through the nose for someone to build me a system and still leave me feeling like I didn't get what I want from my system. I'm a Navy vet with electronics background, though I'm a server admin type for a living now. My home has a major roof section that faces a bearing of about 157, relative to north. Not really due south, but pretty close.

I've signed a contract right now but am on hold because a single part isn't available to modify my current electrical system to be conducive to connect solar. We were able to sign the contract early enough to have the last of the net metering options from Duke, but not one panel or screw has been done for the project. Just a lot of planning and waiting.

The system we have spec'ed and ordered is 68 x REC3655AA Black, 2 x SE10000H-US, Span Panel (for one of my 200A main panels), 2 x Tesla Powerwall 2. System size is 24.82kW with set production 36,260kWh, per contract/sales paperwork.

Since there is a major component missing due to "supply chain issues" we aren't able to get any of it done. Our meter main needs to be changed out to a meter base so we are on hold. Of course, being on hold means I'm putting even more time and thought into the system I've ordered and working to be sure I get the system I really want.

Anyway, I've joined the forum here because I want to be a solar guy. I'm loving the idea of harnessing the sun to do my bidding! :D I was also recommended here by another forum and Will Prowse mentioned it in a video I watched. So, hello from Upstate SC!

Back