diy solar

diy solar

High output, high quality bench power supply recommendations?

BillCaswell

I've seen a number of posts for cheap bench power supplies, but have not found any recommendations for high quality, high output, professional or semi-professional bench power supplies. I'm willing to make the investment in quality gear.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
What voltage range?

I'm sure you've found the nearly endless selection of 0-30v/0-10A for $80 or less all over but once you start looking for something that do 48v battery there's almost nothing.

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I’m looking for 0 to 30 V, but would like to go up to 30 A.

I just bought a Chargery S-1500 and this is one Cninese power supply which is good quality, It is a bit bigger than your needs at 0-30 volts 60 amps maximum, digitally programmable. Not a tin box unit. Very happy with it

I could have bought it from Chargery direct but I bought it for the same price from ProgressiveRC a model airplane store in Seattle, Washington

Shipping from Chargery was >>$100 depending on speed....Shipping from ProgressiveRC was FREE!

At $279.00, its not cheap, suggest you look at this one as well as the smaller one , cant remember model number

I have dealt with ProgressiveRC a number of times and they always have a good deal and great service

www.chargery.com

I just bought a Chargery S-1500 and this is one Cninese power supply which is good quality, It is a bit bigger than your needs at 0-30 volts 60 amps maximum, digitally programmable. Not a tin box unit. Very happy with it

I could have bought it from Chargery direct but I bought it for the same price from ProgressiveRC a model airplane store in Seattle, Washington

Shipping from Chargery was >>$100 depending on speed....Shipping from ProgressiveRC was FREE!

At $279.00, its not cheap, suggest you look at this one as well as the smaller one , cant remember model number

I have dealt with ProgressiveRC a number of times and they always have a good deal and great service

www.chargery.com

Looks pretty nice! I plan to move back and forth from my shop in my hangar which is 120/240 VAC 60 Hz and the boat which is 240 VAC 50 Hz/24 volts. I now need to find a small bench top power supply that easily switches voltages and Freq. or just buy two.

Nice specs!
1672708193148.png

Last edited:
I am using this power supply as well as an iCharger P350 to charge small cells with a iCharger i208B and an iCharger X8 battery chargers, these units are not designed for solar use but are for model airplane use. I use many portable packs made up of 18650 and 20700 cells for portable use, both of these chargers can do 1-8 S of any chemistry Lithium including lilo, lipo. lfp, lito, as well as ni-cad , and lead acid, fully programmable

The big difference between these chargers and the XTAR type is the ability to charge, discharge, balance, determine ir, etc. by using my 24 volt lead acid bank as the input to the chargers and the bank under test as the output I can fully exercise the packs to the fullest extent of the capabilities of the pack. charge to full, rest, discharge at rated capacity (back to the source battery) and fully qualify my packs before final use.

One of my projects is a home built e-bike with 8S8P Tesla 20700 cells NMC chemistry, also in the works is a pouch cell battery 2P8S 100 a.h. LFP Pouch cells from an Chinese power wall (probably Nissan Leaf rejected cells)

The S1500 power supply is updated to V3.0, the manual is attached, for any question about the power supply, please send me message. the size is 250*170*68mm

Attachments

• Chargery_SMPS_S1500_en.pdf
    4.8 MB · Views: 1
Back