diy solar

diy solar

Hooking up to MPP

I saw the video about the MPP solar all-in-one and thought it looked great for beginning my solar setup. I was wondering how to go about hooking up a Maxxair fan to this system. Everything else I would just hook up to a power strip from the AC output, but I can't figure out the Maxxair fan. Any suggestions?

I believe those fans require 12 volts. So, if the all-in-one doesn't have a 12v output, I suggest using a 12 volt regulator to draw power from the batteries and into the fan. Posting the specs of the fan might help.
Disclaimer: I'm pretty new at this stuff.

Beat me to it. :) The fan would be spec'd to run off the vehicles existing 12v system so if the MPP's battery is 12v it could be run direct off that but it'd be a good idea to put it a low voltage disconnect device to prevent it from draining the battery. That could even be as simple as a relay running off an AC plug pack that is run by the MPP inverter. If the MPP shutsdown due to undervoltage, the maxxair unit would have power disconnected when the relay drops out.

I'm sure someone with better drawing skills than me would knock out a simple diagram if national_arts_adventure is interested in that approach.

Thanks for the replies, I think we will probably just go with 'the minimalist' 200 watt system instead so we can hook the maxxair fan right into the fuse box.

Back