diy solar

diy solar

How about the E1500LFP 2200W power station? UPS APP 30A

RobertoJJJ

I already own the E2000LFP and love it so much, and I've been thinking about getting the E1500LFP for my father. It looks like a very powerful machine, with UPS, fast charging, DC 30A output, WiFi remote control, and expandable up to 7.6KW. only 899$...it;s very good price, Much better than the price at Jackery or ecoflow...

I got one. Arrived at 85% charge, good. All systems worked, incredible packaging-- thick 2" foam all around, super thick cardboard, and double boxed with it too.
Works well, tested both dc/solar inputs. The bluetooth phone app was fast and easy to work.

Of note, they have an owners manual on the app, it has been updated to show 12v to 25v for the one dc input, instead of 18v, and now says don't exceed 25v PV voc. Hobotech actually tested it to 28v. This is good, as you can now do solar from 12v to 95v input pretty much.

Additionally, the dc output is regulated to 13.4 on the 30A xt60 at least, tested on Jasonoid this month. This is fantastic, because it means you can use the e1500lfp to charge other lifepo4 batteries to 80% SOC! Many solar gens could only get other batteries to 20%. This lets you use a cheap Lifepo4 as an expansion battery instead of their expensive one.

I have looked at 20 or so power stations in the 1000wh to 2400wh range, for use in truck popup camper systems as the central core. Ecoflow, Bluetti, Yeti goal zero, and Anker. IMO, none of them are as good for this purpose as the Pecron e1500LFP.

They lowered price on expansion battery to $1100. And latest pics appear they took advice from ReeWray and Hobotech reviewers, and improved its form factor size. Take a close look at it, 3072WH so 240Ah at 12.8v. It has another 400w solar MPPT input controller that can be used solo or when connected, and it has another 30A 12v dc xt60 output, usable at same time when connected too. So with the e1500LFP, that is 60A of 12v dc, actually 13.4, to power your dcbus, really good. Even today, straight 230Ah 12v battery is $620 for 230ah, little bit less than the 240ah in the expansion. For $400 over the price of the battery, I think the dc ports, mppt input, etc. Makes it a good deal.

I got one. Arrived at 85% charge, good. All systems worked, incredible packaging-- thick 2" foam all around, super thick cardboard, and double boxed with it too.
Works well, tested both dc/solar inputs. The bluetooth phone app was fast and easy to work.

Of note, they have an owners manual on the app, it has been updated to show 12v to 25v for the one dc input, instead of 18v, and now says don't exceed 25v PV voc. Hobotech actually tested it to 28v. This is good, as you can now do solar from 12v to 95v input pretty much.

Additionally, the dc output is regulated to 13.4 on the 30A xt60 at least, tested on Jasonoid this month. This is fantastic, because it means you can use the e1500lfp to charge other lifepo4 batteries to 80% SOC! Many solar gens could only get other batteries to 20%. This lets you use a cheap Lifepo4 as an expansion battery instead of their expensive one.

I have looked at 20 or so power stations in the 1000wh to 2400wh range, for use in truck popup camper systems as the central core. Ecoflow, Bluetti, Yeti goal zero, and Anker. IMO, none of them are as good for this purpose as the Pecron e1500LFP.

They lowered price on expansion battery to $1100. And latest pics appear they took advice from ReeWray and Hobotech reviewers, and improved its form factor size. Take a close look at it, 3072WH so 240Ah at 12.8v. It has another 400w solar MPPT input controller that can be used solo or when connected, and it has another 30A 12v dc xt60 output, usable at same time when connected too. So with the e1500LFP, that is 60A of 12v dc, actually 13.4, to power your dcbus, really good. Even today, straight 230Ah 12v battery is $620 for 230ah, little bit less than the 240ah in the expansion. For $400 over the price of the battery, I think the dc ports, mppt input, etc. Makes it a good deal.
Thank you very much for your detailed sharing! I have purchased E1500LFP for my father, yes I have seen many users praise it, including my family, they all agree that Pecron is the most cost-effective power station, next I will try more functions and Share your experience, thank you!

I also have the E1500LFP and mine has issues with proper readouts. My problem is that if I discharge the battery at all after being fully charged, it tends to lose track of SOC. If I plug the charger in, it drops the battery percentage down to 1 and then just sits there for hours. Sometimes if I let it sit and try charging again, it will show input voltage, but won’t show charge percentage until it gets 100 percent. It’s almost like the BMS has no communication so it won’t supply voltage to the battery. Has anyone else had this issue?

Wierd. No issues for me. I've partially drained down to 65% a few times, and down to 80s 7 or 8 times, and recharged via ac, and both solar inputs now, all without issue. If I leave it at 89% soc, a week latee it is at 89 or 88%.

Back