diy solar

diy solar

How can Current Connected improve?

Like the add-on comments such as the UL one here: 1709836836273.png

Still not seeing units like the Victron Compact line.

Whoops... double post. Sorry.

Last edited:
Like the add-on comments such as the UL one here: View attachment 200656

Still not seeing units like the Victron Compact line.
The 2kVA Multiplus-compact line is mostly, if not fully, discontinued. The newer 2kVA Multiplus is the replacement; in 2kVA there is only one version now.

12v: https://www.currentconnected.com/product/victron-12v-multiplus-2kva-inverter-80a-charger/
48v: https://www.currentconnected.com/product/victron-multiplus-48v-2kva-inverter-25a-charger/

24v has very little inventory available.

Today I called and gave one of your tech’s all the info from our system. I was going to buy a battery and needed all of the com cables for our system to talk and the com cable for the battery. Your tech told me you guys recommended two batteries because it could damage my Victron Multiplus 5K , I asked how could using one battery damage the system and she just had the canned answer that you guys recommend two.

My suggestion is if someone is going to be giving purchasing advice to prospective customers they have a basic understanding of why you are recommending what you’re recommending.

Im now researching on the forum to try and get answers before I can move forward with a purchase.

Today I called and gave one of your tech’s all the info from our system. I was going to buy a battery and needed all of the com cables for our system to talk and the com cable for the battery. Your tech told me you guys recommended two batteries because it could damage my Victron Multiplus 5K , I asked how could using one battery damage the system and she just had the canned answer that you guys recommend two.

My suggestion is if someone is going to be giving purchasing advice to prospective customers they have a basic understanding of why you are recommending what you’re recommending.

Im now researching on the forum to try and get answers before I can move forward with a purchase.
I believe the general answer here would be the Victron inverter being capable of delivering 9,000w for short periods of time, while a single battery would only be capable of ~5,000w.

Under maximum load, you’d be looking at cutting power to the inverter which I simply can’t imagine is helpful long term.

I would agree, 2+ batteries is a very worthwhile investment.

I believe the general answer here would be the Victron inverter being capable of delivering 9,000w for short periods of time, while a single battery would only be capable of ~5,000w.

Under maximum load, you’d be looking at cutting power to the inverter which I simply can’t imagine is helpful long term.

I would agree, 2+ batteries is a very worthwhile investment.
Now that makes sense. I did make it very clear I was planning to order a whole rack of batteries after we got the system up and running. We are just using it for internet and one light bulb, so the battery is just to get it working and to let us work the kinks out. After we get use to it we will install it at our cabin and remove the old system.

Despite many applicants, we don't have reliable help with web development, so I have been learning and doing the development myself lately. If anything is messed up please send me a message with a screenshot and if anyone that is well versed with e-commerce, wordpress, php, css, javascript, mariaDB, (a big perk would be react/nextJS/graphQL) and wants a long-term, high paying, full-time job in Las Vegas (not remote), let me know.
First off, well done on doing things yourself, impressive and rare these days.

Second, I’m by no means looking for a job, nor wanting to move from Reno to Vegas, but I’d be happy to donate a bit of time chatting with you about the problems you’re having. Among many other business ventures I’ve been in web design for a decade or more, I wouldn’t call myself a coder by any means but I actually think that’s where I can help.

Being a “long time” user of your website, I find myself wondering how/why you’d A) need a coder and B) need someone full time? I don’t doubt there are web design updates on a semi-regular basis, but your site just doesn’t scream “coding required” to me. I’m likely wrong, as I view you as an intelligent guy who obviously has a reason for said requirements, but I’m wondering if maybe a quick understanding of the needs of your operation may result in a vastly simpler solution that can save you a “shit ton” of money and headaches over time.

Don’t feel obligated at all, I just hate seeing good folks like yourself struggle with complex issues that may be able to be simplified.

Now that makes sense. I did make it very clear I was planning to order a whole rack of batteries after we got the system up and running. We are just using it for internet and one light bulb, so the battery is just to get it working and to let us work the kinks out. After we get use to it we will install it at our cabin and remove the old system.
If you’re literally running internet and a lightbulb, or let’s say anything remotely close, I can’t think of a technical reason you’d need more than one. I run significantly more than that in our “contractor camper” with a very similar system and have no issues.

If you’re literally running internet and a lightbulb, or let’s say anything remotely close, I can’t think of a technical reason you’d need more than one. I run significantly more than that in our “contractor camper” with a very similar system and have no issues.
Thank you. Yes absolutely no loads till we get use to the system. Our plan is to put it together at home and just learn how to use it before actually installing it in the cabin.

I appreciate your help and love this forum and all the helpful folks here….

I'm not going to post everything on a public forum that our competitors regularly visit...

One can copy what everyone else does and be almost as good as them, or you can innovate - innovators are unstoppable.
I certainly didn’t mean on a forum lol.

I agree though, innovation is the difference. Simply didn’t understand where the coding aspect came into things.

I look forward to seeing your continued success.

Small note

I enjoyed searching inverters by voltage. Another option would be searching by brand, “victron or die”.

I know you guys used to do custom programming for victron units and offer 5 additional years worth of warranty, but I couldn’t find much info or details when I placed my order.

I enjoy playing around with setting and I got the USB dongle so I’m not worried. More of curious if you guys are trying to save time as you grow.

I enjoyed searching inverters by voltage. Another option would be searching by brand, “victron or die”.
Well I may as well spoil the new features I'm working on.

We are adding a bunch of filters to the product category pages, one of them is a filter by brand...others will be along the lines of filter by system voltage (for batteries/inverters), and so on.

Our catalog has grown a lot in the last month or so - things like Emporia Vue 3 energy monitor and their EV chargers that can slow down charging the EV when loads in the home turn on are just too cool...but that's not very useful if no one can find them! We are also branching out to the local installer markets and are starting to work with Enphase micros

Filters and searching that work right are wonderful. Searching that is broken is worse than none at all (Home Depot's is often broken for example: Like searching for 6 gauge wire and having 14 gauge show up...).

Keep up the good work!

Hmmm, although they could all drop into the same mailbox for now, perhaps add a few specific e-mail addresses: sales@, support@, info@ (for things not sales or support oriented). Perhaps tech@ for technical configuration type questions. Doing so makes people feel like they are connecting to the right group.

On the "About" page, standardize the size of the photos (Jarrett's is much larger than Dexters, and Pepper's doesn't display at all).

Also add the date you started, like "Established in 2020 with the goal of providing the best support in the industry". Sorry if I missed that.

And unless you have a specific reason not to post it, publish your street address. Lots of scam sites out there, and not having a street address somebody can drive by is a red flag. If incorporated, provide the state (presumably Nevada?).

And unless you have a specific reason not to post it, publish your street address. Lots of scam sites out there, and not having a street address somebody can drive by is a red flag. If incorporated, provide the state (presumably Nevada?).

I think he has a reason.

In response to an earlier post by CC, I suggested he put up a sign advertising "Honeydipper" service, with a couple props in the yard (service truck and porta-potties.)

That should improve security.

What you can do, if you have a PO box, is publish P.O. Box Street Address. I've found it is good enough for government work! (acceptable when a government website requests street address not PO box.) Won't help customers find you (nor thieves), but at least for those who don't check streetview, they might think you're legit.

Sales@, support@ and info@ are all valid points of contact.

About us page is going to get redone, I got most of the wordsmithing done prior to our web developer leaving…I’ve just been focusing on more important things in the meantime

Oh, was just showing the wife your SOK batteries and checking sizing for placement. Noticed I had to search "kits" to find the battery set with rack and associated cables. Rather thought it would show up searching for "battery". I like the idea of a kit, especially if their is a discount, however small, vs. buying the individual parts <smile>. Would personally be looking for a SOK Pro based one, or perhaps a full 48V 500amp 240V kit containing the Pro batteries, a pair of configured Multiplus IIs (3000s, option to updated to 5000), cerbo, and all related cabling. Of course, you would configure such a thing via a simple e-mail, but somehow standardized kits feel better. Weird, I know.

Back